Re: 2 separate postfix instances and confusion with IP's in received field of mail message HELP!

  • damian freelance
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      Thx for all answers. Setting sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -C /etc/postfix-third in httpd.conf did the trick. Now mails have correct ip/domain information.

      2012/1/6 Wietse Venema <wietse@...>
      damian freelance:
      > Hi, i have a problem with my 2 postfix instances. 2 separate IP's and
      > coressponding domain names are setup on networking, they are working fine.
      > I want second mail message (below) to have  <br>
      > [second.domain.ip])` <br>

      The content of the Received: header is:

             [client-ip-address]) by server-myhostname ...

      The SMTP client by default sends $myhostname in the EHLO command.

      The purpose of the Received: header is to record what happened, not
      to rewrite history to something prettier than what happened.