Re: Redirect all bounces to a particular id

  • Duane Hill
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
      On Monday, January 02, 2012 at 16:39:47 UTC, otthoncoelho@... confabulated:

      > Hello,

      > You can put this lines on main.cf

      > notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
      > bounce_notice_recipient = bounce@...

      The bounce_notice_recipient would receive a copy of the message
      headers of a message bounce from Postfix. The original sender
      would as well.

      > At 12:59 02/01/2012, Charles Marcus wrote:
      >>On 2012-01-02 7:17 AM, Ram <ram@...> wrote:
      >>>Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
      >>>mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail
      >>
      >>In 99.9% of cases, doing this would be a very bad idea.
      >>
      >>As you were advised in the welcome message you received when signing
      >>up for this list, please describe *the problem you are trying to
      >>solve* (not your preconceived 'solution'), along with full logs of
      >>sample problem transaction, as well as output of postconf -n.
    • /dev/rob0
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
        On Monday 02 January 2012 10:39:47 Otthon Yahoo wrote:
        > You can put this lines on main.cf
        >
        > notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
        > bounce_notice_recipient = bounce@...

        Wrong, that is not what the OP asked. A bounce *notice* is not the
        bounce itself.

        > At 12:59 02/01/2012, Charles Marcus wrote:
        > >On 2012-01-02 7:17 AM, Ram <ram@...> wrote:
        > >>Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
        > >>mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail
        > >
        > >In 99.9% of cases, doing this would be a very bad idea.
        > >
        > >As you were advised in the welcome message you received when
        > >signing up for this list, please describe *the problem you are
        > >trying to solve* (not your preconceived 'solution'), along with

        My guess here is that the problem includes a failure to understand
        distinctions between the envelope sender, which in all cases would
        receive the bounce, and the From: header.

        A bulk sender needs the envelope sender to be a bounce-handling
        address. Typically they might use a different address in the From:
        header, which their subscribers (or victims, as the case may be) see
        in their MUA.