Re: Redirect all bounces to a particular id

  • Jeroen Geilman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
      On 01/02/2012 01:17 PM, Ram wrote:
      > Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
      > mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail

      No.

      --
      J.
    • Otthon Yahoo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
        Hello,

        You can put this lines on main.cf

        notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
        bounce_notice_recipient = bounce@...

        Cheers,

        Otthon Coelho

        On 2012-01-02 7:17 AM, Ram <ram@...> wrote:
        Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
        mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail

        In 99.9% of cases, doing this would be a very bad idea.

        As you were advised in the welcome message you received when signing up for this list, please describe *the problem you are trying to solve* (not your preconceived 'solution'), along with full logs of sample problem transaction, as well as output of postconf -n.

        --

        Best regards,

        Charles
      • Duane Hill
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
          On Monday, January 02, 2012 at 16:39:47 UTC, otthoncoelho@... confabulated:

          > Hello,

          > You can put this lines on main.cf

          > notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
          > bounce_notice_recipient = bounce@...

          The bounce_notice_recipient would receive a copy of the message
          headers of a message bounce from Postfix. The original sender
          would as well.

          > At 12:59 02/01/2012, Charles Marcus wrote:
          >>On 2012-01-02 7:17 AM, Ram <ram@...> wrote:
          >>>Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
          >>>mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail
          >>
          >>In 99.9% of cases, doing this would be a very bad idea.
          >>
          >>As you were advised in the welcome message you received when signing
          >>up for this list, please describe *the problem you are trying to
          >>solve* (not your preconceived 'solution'), along with full logs of
          >>sample problem transaction, as well as output of postconf -n.
        • /dev/rob0
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
            On Monday 02 January 2012 10:39:47 Otthon Yahoo wrote:
            > You can put this lines on main.cf
            >
            > notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
            > bounce_notice_recipient = bounce@...

            Wrong, that is not what the OP asked. A bounce *notice* is not the
            bounce itself.

            > At 12:59 02/01/2012, Charles Marcus wrote:
            > >On 2012-01-02 7:17 AM, Ram <ram@...> wrote:
            > >>Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
            > >>mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail
            > >
            > >In 99.9% of cases, doing this would be a very bad idea.
            > >
            > >As you were advised in the welcome message you received when
            > >signing up for this list, please describe *the problem you are
            > >trying to solve* (not your preconceived 'solution'), along with

            My guess here is that the problem includes a failure to understand
            distinctions between the envelope sender, which in all cases would
            receive the bounce, and the From: header.

            A bulk sender needs the envelope sender to be a bounce-handling
            address. Typically they might use a different address in the From:
            header, which their subscribers (or victims, as the case may be) see
            in their MUA.