Re: Redirect all bounces to a particular id

  • Charles Marcus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
      On 2012-01-02 7:17 AM, Ram <ram@...> wrote:
      > Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
      > mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail

      In 99.9% of cases, doing this would be a very bad idea.

      As you were advised in the welcome message you received when signing up
      for this list, please describe *the problem you are trying to solve*
      (not your preconceived 'solution'), along with full logs of sample
      problem transaction, as well as output of postconf -n.

      --

      Best regards,

      Charles
    • Jeroen Geilman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
        On 01/02/2012 01:17 PM, Ram wrote:
        > Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
        > mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail

        No.

        --
        J.
      • Otthon Yahoo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
          Hello,

          You can put this lines on main.cf

          notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
          bounce_notice_recipient = bounce@...

          Cheers,

          Otthon Coelho

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
            On Monday, January 02, 2012 at 16:39:47 UTC, otthoncoelho@... confabulated:

            > Hello,

            > You can put this lines on main.cf

            > notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
            > bounce_notice_recipient = bounce@...

            The bounce_notice_recipient would receive a copy of the message
            headers of a message bounce from Postfix. The original sender
            would as well.

            > At 12:59 02/01/2012, Charles Marcus wrote:
            >>On 2012-01-02 7:17 AM, Ram <ram@...> wrote:
            >>>Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
            >>>mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail
            >>
            >>In 99.9% of cases, doing this would be a very bad idea.
            >>
            >>As you were advised in the welcome message you received when signing
            >>up for this list, please describe *the problem you are trying to
            >>solve* (not your preconceived 'solution'), along with full logs of
            >>sample problem transaction, as well as output of postconf -n.
          • /dev/rob0
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
              On Monday 02 January 2012 10:39:47 Otthon Yahoo wrote:
              > You can put this lines on main.cf
              >
              > notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
              > bounce_notice_recipient = bounce@...

              Wrong, that is not what the OP asked. A bounce *notice* is not the
              bounce itself.

              > At 12:59 02/01/2012, Charles Marcus wrote:
              > >On 2012-01-02 7:17 AM, Ram <ram@...> wrote:
              > >>Can I configure my postfix server to send all bounces to a single
              > >>mailbox , instead of the sender of the mail
              > >
              > >In 99.9% of cases, doing this would be a very bad idea.
              > >
              > >As you were advised in the welcome message you received when
              > >signing up for this list, please describe *the problem you are
              > >trying to solve* (not your preconceived 'solution'), along with

              My guess here is that the problem includes a failure to understand
              distinctions between the envelope sender, which in all cases would
              receive the bounce, and the From: header.

              A bulk sender needs the envelope sender to be a bounce-handling
              address. Typically they might use a different address in the From:
              header, which their subscribers (or victims, as the case may be) see
              in their MUA.