Now my postfix has moved from mailman server

  • J. Bakshi জ বকসী
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2012
      Hello list,

      I have come here with hesitation as I don't know exactly where should I ask this question.
      Hope to have some enlightenment from you.

      I have running mailman and postfix on the same server. I had to add the following into main.cf to
      integrate mailman into postfix

      `````````````````
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
      recipient_delimiter = +
      mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1
      ```````````````````

      and the mm_cfg.py is as below

      `````````````````
      DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
      DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.mydomain.com'
      DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.mydomain.com'
      MTA = 'Postfix'
      POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
      POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'
      DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
      SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
      SMTPPORT = '25'
      POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['list.xxxxx.com']
      IMAGE_LOGOS = '/mailmanicons/'
      ```````````````````````

      Now the mailserver has been moved to a different server. How can I inform mailman about my physically
      moved postfix ? Should I just add the email domain (which this server once had) at the relay_domain section of the postfix
      running on this very server?

      Any idea/clue is very much welcome.

      Thanks
    • Larry Stone
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2012
        On Jan 2, 2012, at 2:29 AM, J. Bakshi wrote:

        > Hello list,
        >
        > I have come here with hesitation as I don't know exactly where should I ask this question.
        > Hope to have some enlightenment from you.
        > …

        > Now the mailserver has been moved to a different server. How can I inform mailman about my physically
        > moved postfix ? Should I just add the email domain (which this server once had) at the relay_domain section of the postfix
        > running on this very server?

        Larry Stone
        lstone19@...
        http://www.stonejongleux.com/