Mailing List with Postfix

  • Goutam Baul
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2011

      Dear List,

      We are planning to implement a mailing solution using Postfix et el. The total number of users of this system is likely to be around 8000. We would need to send frequently mails to all the users and also sometimes to some of the users based on some user attributes. We would request you to kindly suggest a preferred path forward. Do we use the alias feature of postfix for the job? Or should we implement some Mailing List manager? If the later is better, any suggestion on the List Managers?

      With regards,

      Goutam

    • Leslie León Sinclair
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2011
        Mailman[list manager], could do perfectly, the job. You should create a
        separated lists for the users, and his options as you pointed, Mailman
        has a strong/easy-to-understand&use backend.

        HTH, Goutam.

        Best regards.

        *Leslie León Sinclair
        *Administrador de Redes
        *Facultad de Ingenieria Electrica, CUJAE.
        *Calle 114 #11901 e/ Ciclovía y Rotonda
        *Marianao 19390, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
        *Tel: (53 7) 266-3321
        *Miembro de GUTL -> http://www.ecured.cu/index.php/Grupo_de_Usuarios_de_Tecnolog%C3%ADas_Libres_GUTL
        *Another happy Slackware& Debian GNU/Linux user
        *Proud GNU/Linux User #445535 -> http://counter.li.org/
        *Katana yanai, otoko nanda.

        Participe en Universidad 2012, del 13 al 17 de febrero de 2012.
        Habana, Cuba: http://www.congresouniversidad.cu
        Consulte la enciclopedia colaborativa cubana. http://www.ecured.cu

        Participe en el Segundo Congreso Medio Ambiente Construido y
        Desarrollo Sustentable (MACDES 2011) del 6 al 9 de diciembre de 2011,
        Hotel Nacional, Habana, Cuba: http://macdes.cujae.edu.cu