Re: postqueue -p | spam questions.

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2011
      On Thursday 24 November 2011 14:20:16 penguin@... wrote:
      > I have some messages in queue. I have enumerated the queue with
      > postqueue -p command and see that many messages are not delivered
      > because my server is on a "greylist". How come no indication of
      > this greylisting is in mail.log or mail.info? Is there some log on
      > the system that tracks this type of information? Did I miss

      How would such an indication be made? It sounds like you do not fully
      understand what greylisting is ...

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting
      http://www.greylisting.org/

      There is no global "greylist", it is done per site, and of course you
      cannot control what other site administrators do.

      > something in mail.log perhaps? I know there is a status "greylist"
      > for messages in mail.log. I'm looking for some more information.

      Everything that a remote SMTP server tells your smtp(8) client is
      logged with the rejection. That text is under the control of all the
      remote sites to which you connect. It is not and cannot be
      standardized.