Problem about the SASL_REAME

  • 蔡火胜
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2011
      Hello,

      I don't know where I can send feedback , so I send it here.

      I have read the "README_FILES/SASL_README" in the postfix source folder.
      And I found that some strange sentences appear in the file.I use kate as
      the text reader , and I can see many "right" symbols(or something you
      called it "tick",frequently appeared in checkboxes).
      For example , take a look at line 1248 , what I saw is like this:
      % m*ma*ak*ke*e t*ti*id*dy*y # if you have left-over files from a
      previous build
      Sorry , I can't type the "tick" in thunderbird , so I type "*" instead .
      The pattern is : the character repeats 1 time ,with the "tick " inserted.
      After doing a regexp replace of "(tick)." -> "" , I can read the file
      normally.

      Is it intended to type a "tick" and repeat the character ? If not , what
      is wrong?
    • /dev/rob0
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 23, 2011
        On Wednesday 23 November 2011 20:31:51 蔡火胜 wrote:
        > I have read the "README_FILES/SASL_README" in the postfix source
        > folder. And I found that some strange sentences appear in the
        > file.I use kate as the text reader , and I can see many "right"
        > symbols(or something you called it "tick",frequently appeared in
        > checkboxes).
        > For example , take a look at line 1248 , what I saw is like this:
        > % m*ma*ak*ke*e t*ti*id*dy*y # if you have left-over files
        > from a previous build
        > Sorry , I can't type the "tick" in thunderbird , so I type "*"
        > instead . The pattern is : the character repeats 1 time ,with the
        > "tick " inserted. After doing a regexp replace of "(tick)." -> ""
        > , I can read the file normally.

        IIUC the "tick" is a Ctrl-H, backspace.

        > Is it intended to type a "tick" and repeat the character ? If not ,
        > what is wrong?

        If viewed in a pager like less(1), you will see bold text.
      • 蔡火胜
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2011
          于 2011年11月24日 10:56, /dev/rob0 写道:
          > On Wednesday 23 November 2011 20:31:51 蔡火胜 wrote:
          >> I have read the "README_FILES/SASL_README" in the postfix source
          >> folder. And I found that some strange sentences appear in the
          >> file.I use kate as the text reader , and I can see many "right"
          >> symbols(or something you called it "tick",frequently appeared in
          >> checkboxes).
          >> For example , take a look at line 1248 , what I saw is like this:
          >> % m*ma*ak*ke*e t*ti*id*dy*y # if you have left-over files
          >> from a previous build
          >> Sorry , I can't type the "tick" in thunderbird , so I type "*"
          >> instead . The pattern is : the character repeats 1 time ,with the
          >> "tick " inserted. After doing a regexp replace of "(tick)." -> ""
          >> , I can read the file normally.
          > IIUC the "tick" is a Ctrl-H, backspace.
          >
          >> Is it intended to type a "tick" and repeat the character ? If not ,
          >> what is wrong?

          Then , maybe we should provide two versions of files likes this ? One
          for pager like less and one for graphics reader (for example in html)?
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 23, 2011
            Oh , I have found the html version . Sorry .