Re: postfix multple instances

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2011
      On Thursday 10 November 2011 07:48:19 Brian Evans - Postfix List
      wrote:
      > On 11/10/2011 7:26 AM, Amira Othman wrote:
      > > I have configured two instances of postfix 2.8 and it’s working
      > > fine but I want to separate logs of each instance to be
      > > different than the other instance .
      > >
      > > How can I do that?
      >
      > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#syslog_name
      >
      > Read and change the above parameter on one or both instances.
      > Then, configure your syslog daemon to handle those changes.

      Actually this should not be necessary, see:
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#multi_instance_name
      If the OP wants them in separate files, see:
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#syslog_facility
      and use one of local[0-7] facilities. (Ensure no other daemon or
      service is using that facility.) Then, configure the syslog daemon
      appropriately.