Re: Postfix on Virtual Guest Cannot send mail

  • Blair, Rick
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2011
      Thanks That was the clue I was needing.   I had to explicitly set mynetworks on the guest OS.
      seemed to fix it.

      RIck

      On Nov 6, 2011, at 11:17 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:

      Blair, Rick:
      [root@guestServer init.d]# telnet fileserver 25
      Trying 192.168.1.31...
      Connected to fileserver.
      Escape character is '^]'.
      220 fileserver.test.org ESMTP Postfix
      HELO guestServer
      250 fileserver.guest.org

      You can make ONE SINGLE connection.

      I get the following when trying to send mail.

      Nov  6 09:44:41 guestServer postfix/qmgr[14456]: DD94E63D92: from=<root@...>, size=464, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
      Nov  6 09:44:41 guestServer postfix/error[14507]: DD94E63D92: to=<blair@...>, orig_to=<blair@fileserver>, relay=none, delay=553, delays=553/0.01/0/0.31, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to fileserver.test.org192.168.1.31]:25: Connection timed out)

      Postfix can't make MULTIPLE connections. The message "delivery
      temporarily suspended" means that not just one connection failed,
      but that a whole sequence of them failed.

      You have to find out if there is a traffic shaper on the SMTP client,
      on the remote SMTP server, in the hypervisor, or in the host under
      the hypervisor.

      Otherwise, you can only make one SMTP connection at a time.

      Tìoraidh!

      Rick Blair
      Associate Technical Fellow
      Boeing Research and Technology