www.open-spf.org server down ddomain name renewal

  • David Southwell
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
      Hi

      Just trying to look at www.open-spf.org for some info about a problem and
      found their server is down. Godaddy says the domain name has not been
      renewed!!

      David
    • Scott Kitterman
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
        On 11/03/2011 08:53 AM, David Southwell wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > Just trying to look at www.open-spf.org for some info about a problem and
        > found their server is down. Godaddy says the domain name has not been
        > renewed!!

        openspf.org (and open-spf.org - they are the same) is down and we're
        working on getting a new server in place. It's a volunteer project and
        doesn't have as much redundancy as one would like.

        In the meantime, since I see you're using an SPF policy server, I'd
        recommend consulting the documentation I provide with it as it should
        cover integration with postfix.

        If you have an SPF protocol question, you can ask it on the spf-help
        mailing list:

        https://www.listbox.com/subscribe/ and use spf-help for the list name.

        Scott K
      • David Southwell
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
          On Thursday 03 November 2011 12:11:13 Scott Kitterman wrote:
          > On 11/03/2011 08:53 AM, David Southwell wrote:
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > Just trying to look at www.open-spf.org for some info about a problem and
          > > found their server is down. Godaddy says the domain name has not been
          > > renewed!!
          >
          > openspf.org (and open-spf.org - they are the same) is down and we're
          > working on getting a new server in place. It's a volunteer project and
          > doesn't have as much redundancy as one would like.
          >
          > In the meantime, since I see you're using an SPF policy server, I'd
          > recommend consulting the documentation I provide with it as it should
          > cover integration with postfix.
          >
          > If you have an SPF protocol question, you can ask it on the spf-help
          > mailing list:
          >
          > https://www.listbox.com/subscribe/ and use spf-help for the list name.
          >
          > Scott K
          It actually looks as though goddady are saying the domain renewal fee has not
          been paid.. maybe that is a misinterpretation but that was my reading of
          Godaddy's message.
          David
        • Reindl Harald
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
            Am 03.11.2011 21:57, schrieb David Southwell:
            > It actually looks as though goddady are saying the domain renewal fee has not
            > been paid.. maybe that is a misinterpretation but that was my reading of
            > Godaddy's message.

            what are you speaking about?
            "whois domain.tld" was invited

            Domain ID:D105066162-LROR
            Domain Name:OPEN-SPF.ORG
            Created On:30-Oct-2004 09:46:45 UTC
            Last Updated On:31-Oct-2011 12:28:30 UTC
            Expiration Date:30-Oct-2012 09:46:45 UTC
            Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
            Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
            Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
            Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
            Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIB
          • David Southwell
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
              On Thursday 03 November 2011 14:03:21 Reindl Harald wrote:
              > Am 03.11.2011 21:57, schrieb David Southwell:
              > > It actually looks as though goddady are saying the domain renewal fee has
              > > not been paid.. maybe that is a misinterpretation but that was my
              > > reading of Godaddy's message.
              >
              > what are you speaking about?
              > "whois domain.tld" was invited
              >
              > Domain ID:D105066162-LROR
              > Domain Name:OPEN-SPF.ORG
              > Created On:30-Oct-2004 09:46:45 UTC
              > Last Updated On:31-Oct-2011 12:28:30 UTC
              > Expiration Date:30-Oct-2012 09:46:45 UTC
              > Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
              > Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
              > Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
              > Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
              > Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIB
              Opening www.open-spf.org aabout two hours ago received the following:

              NOTICE: This domain name expired on 10/30/2011 and is pending renewal or
              deletion.
            • Jacqui Caren
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
                On 03/11/2011 22:23, David Southwell wrote:
                > Opening www.open-spf.org aabout two hours ago received the following:
                >
                > NOTICE: This domain name expired on 10/30/2011 and is pending renewal or
                > deletion.

                +1 just tried from ntlworld (I run my own named) and from a zen link with its own
                named - same result!

                Jacqui