Mail archiving user to store mail on maildir and not at DB

  • Janantha Marasinghe
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hi All,

      I have configured a mail system on Zarafa (collaboration platform). In
      that mails are stored on the mysql db. What i want to do is to use
      always_bcc and send all sent/recieved mail on postfix to a particular
      user but the mail to be stored on maildir format. Is this possible to
      do? I tried virtualmailbox maps but it didnt work.

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
        Janantha Marasinghe:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have configured a mail system on Zarafa (collaboration platform). In
        > that mails are stored on the mysql db. What i want to do is to use
        > always_bcc and send all sent/recieved mail on postfix to a particular
        > user but the mail to be stored on maildir format. Is this possible to
        > do? I tried virtualmailbox maps but it didnt work.

        If you have a problem, follow instructions in the
        mailing list welcome message.

        Wietse
      • Serge Fonville
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
          Hi Janantha,

          > I have configured a mail system on Zarafa (collaboration platform). In that
          > mails are stored on the mysql db. What  i want to do is to use always_bcc
          > and send all sent/recieved mail on postfix to a particular user but the mail
          > to be stored on maildir format. Is this possible to do? I tried
          > virtualmailbox maps but it didnt work.

          Zarafa has documentation on how to use maildir format instead of MySQL
          to store mails.
          Please see the Zarafa wiki and Server manual for the required information.

          You still need MySQL since Zarafa also supports features not provided
          through postfix.

          Since this is a feature more related to Zarafa than to postfix.
          It is likely better to ask this question on the Zarafa forums.

          If they refer you to this mailinglist, please add a link to the thread
          and also add the required information as per the welcome message

          HTH

          Kind regards/met vriendelijke groet,
          Serge Fonville
          http://www.sergefonville.nl

          Convince Google!!
          They need to add GAL support on Android (star to agree)
          http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4602