Re: Some email from list not getting sent?

  • Andrew Beverley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
      On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 13:24 -0500, Tim Tyler wrote:
      > I have a peculiar problem where a client is trying so send out to
      > 1700 local email addresses to our cloud (gmail), but it only seems to
      > be able to send out a small portion of the list successfully. This
      > person is using Outlook 10 with the addresses in an Excel spreadsheet
      > to send out an email form to 1700 users in our Google domain.

      I assume that the person is adding all the email addresses to Outlook
      directly?

      I would recommend setting up a Postfix :include: file instead (along
      with appropriate alias), rather than trying to address them all
      directly. Or, even better, doing it "properly" with a mailing list
      manager.

      Andy
    • Tim Tyler
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2011
        Andrew,
        Yes, I agree. And furthermore, I now have some evidence that this might
        have been caused by the Symantec antivirus program on the client. I am
        told it did work in the past, but not recently. I will pass on your
        suggestions for future reference. It does feel client side related to me.
        Thanks!
        Tim