Re: With LMTP testing in the Postfix logs I am getting "Temporary internal error"

  • Duane Hill
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
      On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM, <terryjames9461@...> wrote:
      Hello,

      I am building a Postfix 2.8.5 server.  And I am delivering my mail only
      to the Dovecot IMAP mail store using LMTP.

      I am following the Wiki pages at www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html and
      http://www.postfix.org/lmtp.8.html for guidance in these things.

      In the testing of LMTP delivery I am having a challenge.  I receive in
      Postfix logs for 'lmtp -v' a few "Temporary internal error" messages.

      I see the several messages, but I do not know the next step in
      understanding and fixing it.

      Can you help me to learn what next to do or how to see more details that
      are useful?

      For your interest in helping I am including that log information in this
      message.

      TJ

      sendmail -i -t <<EOF
      From: root
      To: tj@...
      Subject: testing
      testing
      EOF

      Log ->
      <SNIP LOGS>

      You should look here: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixDovecotLMTP

      --
      duihi77
    • terryjames9461@mm.st
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
        I have not made any blame. I am asking a question to learn. So nothing
        needed to accuse.

      • terryjames9461@mm.st
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
          Hello Duane,

          On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:33 PM, "Duane Hill" <duihi77@...>
          wrote:
          > You should look here: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixDovecotLMTP

          Thank you for the link. I think I already have tried to follow it to set
          up these servers.

          May be I have missed then something in Dovecot since I am told I am
          wrongly 'blame' Postfix.

          I will go there and try again.

          TJ
        • Helder Oliveira
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
            On Oct 4, 2011, at 5:38 PM, terryjames9461@... wrote:

            > Hello Duane,
            >
            > On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:33 PM, "Duane Hill" <duihi77@...>
            > wrote:
            >> You should look here: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixDovecotLMTP
            >
            > Thank you for the link. I think I already have tried to follow it to set
            > up these servers.
            >
            > May be I have missed then something in Dovecot since I am told I am
            > wrongly 'blame' Postfix.
            >
            > I will go there and try again.
            >
            > TJ

            Shooting the messenger is very common, learn and let it go
          • terryjames9461@mm.st
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
              On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:45 PM, "Helder Oliveira"
              <helder.oliveira@...> wrote:
              > Shooting the messenger is very common, learn and let it go

              I do not understand why you accuse of shooting anything. I have not
              made any blame. There is wrong reaction to my just asking a first
              question.

              I see now what many people say of this community that it is so hard on
              the newest users.
            • Helder Oliveira
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
                On Oct 4, 2011, at 5:48 PM, terryjames9461@... wrote:

                > On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:45 PM, "Helder Oliveira"
                > <helder.oliveira@...> wrote:
                >> Shooting the messenger is very common, learn and let it go
                >
                > I do not understand why you accuse of shooting anything. I have not
                > made any blame. There is wrong reaction to my just asking a first
                > question.
                >
                > I see now what many people say of this community that it is so hard on
                > the newest users.

                You are over reacting… no one is being rude with you or making you a hard time… let it go and solve you problem, that's the most important atm
              • terryjames9461@mm.st
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
                  I am not the one that is calling the 'blame' and 'shooting' and
                  'overreacting'. Its other persons that are saying that of me.

                  That is what is rude not asking question honestly!

                  Okay then, so it is my failing that I am less skilled at this Postfix
                  than you. Enjoy the money and time I did spend already to try to learn
                  and become member of this community.

                  I will unsubscribe here now and may be find some other option to not be
                  so unwelcomed.

                  Sorry to be so much bother to you!