Re: Can I bypass "permit_mynetworks" check ?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2011
      On 9/30/2011 2:25 PM, Andres Aviles wrote:
      > I have a problem that has had me stumped for 2 days and I need an
      > answer ASAP.
      >
      > I have a RedHat Enterprise Linux server using version 5.6 with
      > Postfix version 2.3.3 I put in a check for the client subnet using
      > the following line in the main.cf <http://main.cf/> file:
      >
      > smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject
      >
      > I need to bypass the "permit_mynetworks" check for certain email
      > addresses only due to issues with the sending application. I
      > created a db with the certain email addresses and added the
      > following to the front of the "smtpd_client_restrictions" line
      > mentioned above:
      >
      > check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access-
      > client
      >
      > I thought that a successful email address match from the
      > "access-client" db would bypass the "permit_mynetworks" check - it
      > does not. The email is still rejected because the client is not on
      > one of the approved subnets.
      >
      > Anyone have an idea on how I could bypass the "permit_mynetworks"
      > check ? What am I doing wrong ?
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      >

      > Andy A.
      >
      > Andres Aviles
      > National Geographic Society
      > aaviles@... <mailto:aaviles@...>

      OK, something doesn't work as you expected, and you've tried
      something that didn't fix it. That's not much for us to go on.

      At a minimum we'll need to see your "postconf -n" output and the
      unmodified log lines showing the problem.

      Please see:

      Unsolicited advice that may or may not help: check_client_access
      uses the client hostname and IP as the lookup key. If you're trying
      to match an email address, you'll need to use check_sender_access or
      check_recipient_access. See the fine documentation for details.