Can I bypass "permit_mynetworks" check ?

  • Andres Aviles
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2011
      I have a problem that has had me stumped for 2 days and I need an answer ASAP.

      I have a RedHat Enterprise Linux server using version 5.6 with Postfix version 2.3.3  I put in a check for the client subnet using the following line in the main.cf file:

      smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject

      I need to bypass the "permit_mynetworks" check for certain email addresses only due to issues with the sending application.  I created a db with the certain email addresses and added the following to the front of the "smtpd_client_restrictions" line mentioned above:

      check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access-
      client

      I thought that a successful email address match from the "access-client" db would bypass the "permit_mynetworks" check - it does not.  The email is still rejected because the client is not on one of the approved subnets.

      Anyone have an idea on how I could bypass the "permit_mynetworks" check ?  What am I doing wrong ?

      Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

      Andy A.

      Andres Aviles
      National Geographic Society
      aaviles@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2011
        On 9/30/2011 2:25 PM, Andres Aviles wrote:
        > I have a problem that has had me stumped for 2 days and I need an
        > answer ASAP.
        >
        > I have a RedHat Enterprise Linux server using version 5.6 with
        > Postfix version 2.3.3 I put in a check for the client subnet using
        > the following line in the main.cf <http://main.cf/> file:
        >
        > smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject
        >
        > I need to bypass the "permit_mynetworks" check for certain email
        > addresses only due to issues with the sending application. I
        > created a db with the certain email addresses and added the
        > following to the front of the "smtpd_client_restrictions" line
        > mentioned above:
        >
        > check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access-
        > client
        >
        > I thought that a successful email address match from the
        > "access-client" db would bypass the "permit_mynetworks" check - it
        > does not. The email is still rejected because the client is not on
        > one of the approved subnets.
        >
        > Anyone have an idea on how I could bypass the "permit_mynetworks"
        > check ? What am I doing wrong ?
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
        >

        > Andy A.
        >
        > Andres Aviles
        > National Geographic Society
        > aaviles@... <mailto:aaviles@...>

        OK, something doesn't work as you expected, and you've tried
        something that didn't fix it. That's not much for us to go on.

        At a minimum we'll need to see your "postconf -n" output and the
        unmodified log lines showing the problem.

        Please see:

        Unsolicited advice that may or may not help: check_client_access
        uses the client hostname and IP as the lookup key. If you're trying
        to match an email address, you'll need to use check_sender_access or
        check_recipient_access. See the fine documentation for details.