Re: automatic reply

  • Peter Blair
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30 4:38 AM
      On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Amira Othman <a.othman@...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >

      > I want  to configure automatic message but different one for different user.
      > As I am not using MySQL in my postfix configuration and installation I
      > didn’t use any other plug-in that may use MySQl too. I am using shell script
      > that handles sending mail (from ,to and subject)  with some changes in
      > postfix configuration as follows:

      When you're given a hammer, everything looks like a nail. This sounds
      really neat and novel, but I think that you're inventing a new way of
      sending reply emails when that's already a solved problem. Why not
      have a transport that defines a delivery specific to procmail, then
      have the procmail decide which script to run, or which reply message
      to send. I wrote up a simple vacation application that would only
      send to work people, and only if I was in the To/CC, and not part of a
      distribution list:

      http://petermblair.com/2010/06/vacation-notification/

      Good luck!