mail list

  • Amira Othman
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011

      Hi all

      I want send mail to all users I have on my mail server I tried aliases but I failed to send mail any one can help me?

      Regards

      Amira Othman

      Server Administrator

      www.cairosource.com

      6 EL Nil EL Abyad, Mohandiseen

      Cairo, Egypt

      Direct:     +2 02 3303 7175
      Mobile:   +2 012 220 4165

      The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

    • Amira Othman

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
          On Behalf Of Amira Othman

          > Hi all
          >
          > I want send mail to all users I have on my mail server I tried aliases but
          > I failed to send mail. I am using virtual domains and i want to send to
          > virtual users any one can help me?

          Please send your mails not as html to this list.

          Show us your errors in the mail.log.

          Mit freundlichen Grüßen

          Drießen

          --
          Software & Computer
          Uwe Drießen
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011

            Hi all

            I want send mail to all users I have on my mail server I tried aliases but I failed to send mail. I am using virtual domains and i want to send to virtual users any one can help me?

            First when I didn't add mail box in my virtual mail box file I got

            relay=virtual, delay=0.55, delays=0.47/0.04/0/0.03, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "team@..."

            then when I added mail box for the list I have mail delivered to mail box not to mail list members although I added them in /etc/aliases

            Regards

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
              On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 17:25:12 +0200
              Amira Othman articulated:

              > I want send mail to all users I have on my mail server I tried
              > aliases but I failed to send mail. I am using virtual domains and i
              > want to send to virtual users any one can help me?
              >
              > First when I didn't add mail box in my virtual mail box file I got
              >
              > relay=virtual, delay=0.55, delays=0.47/0.04/0/0.03, dsn=5.1.1,
              > status=bounced (unknown user: "team@..."
              >
              > then when I added mail box for the list I have mail delivered to mail
              > box not to mail list members although I added them in /etc/aliases

              First, lost the HTML posting format. Plain ASCII is preferred.

              Second, start here: <http://www.postfix.com/DEBUG_README.html>

              "Reporting problems to postfix-users@..."

              Output from "postconf -n". Please do not send your main.cf file, or
              500+ lines of postconf output.

              Better, provide output from the postfinger tool. This can be found at
              http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger.

              If the problem is SASL related, consider including the output from the
              saslfinger tool. This can be found at
              http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/.

              --
              Jerry ✌
              postfix-user@...
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
                Output of postconf -n

                alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
                alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
                broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
                command_directory = /usr/sbin
                config_directory = /etc/postfix
                daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
                disable_dns_lookups = yes
                disable_vrfy_command = yes
                home_mailbox = Maildir/
                html_directory = no
                inet_interfaces = all
                local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname, $alias_maps,$virtual_mailbox_maps
                local_transport = local
                mail_owner = postfix
                mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
                mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME
                mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
                manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
                mydestination = localhost
                mydomain = myserver.com
                myhostname = mail.mysever.com
                mynetworks = 192.168.56.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8
                myorigin = $mydomain
                newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
                queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
                relay_domains =
                setgid_group = postdrop
                smtp_host_lookup = native
                smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
                smtp_use_tls = yes
                smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP
                smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated reject_unauth_destination
                smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
                smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
                smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
                smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
                smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/cacert.pem
                smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
                smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.crt
                smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.key
                smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
                smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
                smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                smtpd_use_tls = yes
                tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
                unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
                virtual_gid_maps = static:501
                virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail/
                virtual_mailbox_domains = myserver.com,tech-vm.com
                virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox
                virtual_minimum_uid = 500
                virtual_transport = virtual
                virtual_uid_maps = static:501

                > I want send mail to all users I have on my mail server I tried
                > aliases but I failed to send mail. I am using virtual domains and i
                > want to send to virtual users any one can help me?
                >
                > First when I didn't add mail box in my virtual mail box file I got
                >
                > relay=virtual, delay=0.55, delays=0.47/0.04/0/0.03, dsn=5.1.1,
                > status=bounced (unknown user: "team@..."
                >
                > then when I added mail box for the list I have mail delivered to mail
                > box not to mail list members although I added them in /etc/aliases

                First, lost the HTML posting format. Plain ASCII is preferred.

                Second, start here: <http://www.postfix.com/DEBUG_README.html>

                "Reporting problems to postfix-users@..."

                Output from "postconf -n". Please do not send your main.cf file, or
                500+ lines of postconf output.

                Better, provide output from the postfinger tool. This can be found at
                http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger.

                If the problem is SASL related, consider including the output from the
                saslfinger tool. This can be found at
                http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/.

                --
                Jerry ✌
                postfix-user@...
              • Brian Evans - Postfix List
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
                  On 9/2/2011 11:53 AM, Amira Othman wrote:
                  > Output of postconf -n
                  >
                  > alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
                  > alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
                  [cut]
                  > mydestination = localhost
                  [cut]
                  > relay_domains =
                  [cut]
                  > virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
                  > virtual_gid_maps = static:501
                  > virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail/
                  > virtual_mailbox_domains = myserver.com,tech-vm.com
                  > virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox

                  alias_maps affects locations in mydestination when delivered by local(8)
                  virtual_alias_maps is global and affects virtual and local users.

                  Do NOT put them in alias_maps for virtual users instead use your current
                  virtual alias map.
                  Or, add an additional map for ease of administration.
                  Please remember, virtual alias maps are recursive.

                  Brian