Re: misunderstanding with dovecot

  • Andrea Ganduglia
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
      On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Victor Duchovni
      <Victor.Duchovni@...> wrote:

      >> I hope so! I logged my queries:
      >>
      >>  84 Query     SELECT domain FROM domain WHERE domain='example.com' and
      >> backupmx = '0' and active = '1'
      >>  85 Query     SELECT "dovecot" AS transport FROM mailbox WHERE domain
      >> = 'example.com' LIMIT 1
      >>
      >> If I run those from cmd line they work. :-/
      >
      > The words "they work" communicate no information at all. We know the
      > domain is not a virtual mailbox domain. Now find out why.
      >
      > What does
      >
      >        postmap -q the-domain-in-question mysql:the-table-config.cf
      >
      > return? Does the domain also match any of the other address classes?

      I'm sorry, I think I don't understand this question. I'll try...

      # postmap -q example.com
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
      example.com

      ?

      With <they work> I meant: those queries return expected result.
    • Andrea Ganduglia
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
        On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:
        > On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:34:54 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
        >
        >> transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_transport.cf
        >> maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1
        >> virtual_transport = virtual
        >
        > doh :-)
        >
        > virtual is postfix that do not do sieve, it must be dovecot and be added to
        > master.cf as such
        >
        > http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix
        >
        > are you running more then one lda ?, eg courier-imap and dovecot ?, this can
        > be pratical under migrations, then your config is ok

        If I set

        virtual_transport = dovecot

        outbound emails are always deferred. In any case this line is wrong
        (I'm really sorry, it's a cut&paste error)

        maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1

        this line is

        dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

        -Andrea
      • Stan Hoeppner
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
          On 8/3/2011 2:56 AM, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:

          > If I set
          >
          > virtual_transport = dovecot
          >
          > outbound emails are always deferred.

          I gave you the correct fix for this a few days ago: 587 submission.

          --
          Stan
        • Benny Pedersen
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
            On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 09:56:35 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
            > On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:
            >> On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:34:54 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
            >>
            >>> transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_transport.cf
            >>> maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1
            >>> virtual_transport = virtual
            >>
            >> doh :-)
            >>
            >> virtual is postfix that do not do sieve, it must be dovecot and be
            >> added to
            >> master.cf as such
            >>
            >> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix
            >>
            >> are you running more then one lda ?, eg courier-imap and dovecot ?,
            >> this can
            >> be pratical under migrations, then your config is ok
            >
            > If I set
            >
            > virtual_transport = dovecot
            > outbound emails are always deferred. In any case this line is wrong

            no its not, show postfix logs

            > (I'm really sorry, it's a cut&paste error)

            then virtual_domain_* is not correct to what domain/mailbox dovecot
            will accept, postfix/dovecot must agree

            > maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1
            > dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

            super you spotted this
          • Benny Pedersen
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
              On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 05:19:10 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
              > On 8/3/2011 2:56 AM, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
              >
              >> If I set
              >>
              >> virtual_transport = dovecot
              >>
              >> outbound emails are always deferred.
              >
              > I gave you the correct fix for this a few days ago: 587 submission.

              and note that outbound mails is not handled by dovecot
            • Stan Hoeppner
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
                On 8/3/2011 9:04 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
                > On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 05:19:10 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
                >> On 8/3/2011 2:56 AM, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
                >>
                >>> If I set
                >>>
                >>> virtual_transport = dovecot
                >>>
                >>> outbound emails are always deferred.
                >>
                >> I gave you the correct fix for this a few days ago: 587 submission.
                >
                > and note that outbound mails is not handled by dovecot

                Benny, you're not helping this thread. Please butt out. Viktor and I
                have this one covered. You're merely confusing/distracting the OP.

                --
                Stan
              • Andrea Ganduglia
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
                  On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:
                  > On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 09:56:35 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:

                  >>> doh :-)
                  [..]
                  >> If I set
                  >>
                  >> virtual_transport = dovecot
                  >> outbound emails are always deferred. In any case this line is wrong
                  >
                  > no its not, show postfix logs

                  U can read my log in my first post.
                  -Andrea
                • Andrea Ganduglia
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
                    On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@...> wrote:
                    > On 8/3/2011 2:56 AM, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
                    >
                    >> If I set
                    >>
                    >> virtual_transport = dovecot
                    >>
                    >> outbound emails are always deferred.
                    >
                    > I gave you the correct fix for this a few days ago: 587 submission.

                    I will try in few days. Thanks again!