Thank you

  • Paddington Chidziva
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      Hi

      Thank you for the advise on fixing the null_sender header which gave an error in the Exchange server event viewer.

      You suggested : "Just add "null_sender=" (empty null sender) to the pipe(8) transport
      in question. If you need a Return-Path,
      make sure "R" is present in "flags", otherwise just leave "R" out. If
      you want to not have "<MAILER-DAEMON>" as the the Return-Path: specify
      a better "null_sender", the best value is generally empty."

      After logging in as root, I changed the directory with the comand:  cd /etc/postfix/
      Then went to the master.cf  with the command:                           mc -e master.cf
      Then  I went to the bsmtp flag and removed the "R". I have been testing to see if there were any header errors in the Exchange event viewer and am happy everything is working fine.

      Regards

      Paddington