Re: Postfix , aliases : send messages failed

  • Larry Stone
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
      On 8/2/11 6:48 AM, Baptiste Bauer at baptiste.bauer@...
      top-posted:

      > Sorry for the "top-post" , how don't ?

      Sorry to be so blunt but if you can't even figure out how to use your mail
      program to compose a message, you're in way over your head trying to manage
      a Postfix installation.

      --
      Larry Stone
      lstone19@...
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
        Sorry to use a french version, with "frenchies terms". ... after search the
        translation .... I am ok ... but I thought "top-post" was a "command" or
        something to do with the postfix-users@... mail ....

        It is the first time I use maillist ...and it is the first time I manage a
        Postfix Installation.

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
          The problem seems to be :

          I use a external relay.
          I phoned my FAI, and the port are close.
          And my boss doesn't want a relay with opened port !

          Is it possible to AA@... to receive a mail from BB@...
          And "make an automatic forward to AA@external_domain.com"
          And show that it is AA@... which send to AA@external_domain.com ,
          not BB@....

          Cause my relay only send message to outdoor if the sender is IN THE DOMAIN.

          Sorry if you don't understand my words.

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
            On 2011-08-02 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
            > A mail from local domain :
            >
            > Aug 2 10:41:01 linux postfix/local[9724]: 51F1712C828:
            > to=<xxx.xxx@...>, relay=local, delay=0.92, delays=0.87/0/0/0.05,
            > dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail)

            That's a mail delivery TO your local domain.

            > A mail from Extra :
            >
            > Aug 2 13:03:36 linux postfix/smtp[21004]: 87CA012C922:
            > to=<xxx.xxx@...>, orig_to=<xxx.xxx@...>,
            > relay=mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128]:25, delay=0.47,
            > delays=0.15/0/0.04/0.27, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host
            > mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128] said: 530 5.7.1 relay
            > restricted (in reply to RCPT TO command))

            You need to contact the postmaster of mail.option-service.fr and ask him
            to allow relaying from your server. If he refuses, the only thing you
            can do is find a different relayhost.

            > Sorry for the "top-post" , how don't ?

            You configure your mail client to start your reply BELOW the qoute. Or
            you do it manually.

            Regards
            Ansgar Wiechers
            --Joel Spolsky
          • Baptiste Bauer
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
              Thank you Ansgar

              I phoned yesterday my provider, it propose me a relay with necessary opening
              port.
              But securities system problems could exist , what is the critical level ?
            • Baptiste Bauer
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                To be clear :

                It is IMPOSSIBLE to "transport", "forward" , "alias" a mail
                from an unknow domain to an outdoordomain ( like @blackberry),

                WITH

                A closed Relay?
                No hint ? no ticks ?

                Thank you

                I phoned yesterday my provider, it propose me a relay with necessary opening
                port.
                But securities system problems could exist , what is the critical level ?
              • Ansgar Wiechers
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                  On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                  > On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                  >> I phoned yesterday my provider, it propose me a relay with necessary
                  >> opening port.
                  >> But securities system problems could exist , what is the critical
                  >> level ?
                  >
                  > To be clear :
                  >
                  > It is IMPOSSIBLE to "transport", "forward" , "alias" a mail from an
                  > unknow domain to an outdoordomain ( like @blackberry),
                  >
                  > WITH
                  >
                  > A closed Relay?
                  > No hint ? no ticks ?

                  Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                  idea what you're asking here.

                  Regards
                  Ansgar Wiechers
                  --
                  "Abstractions save us time working, but they don't save us time
                  learning."
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                    >De : Ansgar Wiechers [mailto:lists@...] Envoyé : mercredi
                    >3 août 2011 10:08 À : postfix-users@... Objet : Re: Postfix ,
                    >aliases : send messages failed

                    >Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                    >idea what you're asking here.

                    >Regards
                    >Ansgar Wiechers

                    I draw something, it could be easy to explain :
                    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5074/shemax.jpg

                    you must know my relay is close.
                    And my Boss forbids me to open it !
                    So,
                    Is it possible for a mail from foreigner@otherland to be forward :

                    Name.A@... --> Alias @world

                    I hope you understand know ^^
                  • Ansgar Wiechers
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                      On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                      > De : Ansgar Wiechers [mailto:lists@...] Envoyé : mercredi
                      >> Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                      >> idea what you're asking here.
                      >
                      > I draw something, it could be easy to explain :
                      > http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5074/shemax.jpg
                      >
                      > you must know my relay is close.
                      > And my Boss forbids me to open it !

                      Umm... I would certainly hope so. You probably won't get any help from
                      anyone on this list for configuring an open relay. We're getting enough
                      spam as it is, thank you.

                      > So,
                      > Is it possible for a mail from foreigner@otherland to be forward :
                      >
                      > Name.A@... --> Alias @world

                      The sender address (From:) isn't relevant for relaying. The recipient
                      address (To:) is.

                      So, at which point does the message delivery fail? Please show a full
                      transaction from the point where a mail from <foreigner@...>
                      enters your Postfix to the point where the delivery fails. Try to grep a
                      specific queue-ID from your mail.log. Example with the queue-ID from the
                      log-line you posted earlier:

                      grep 87CA012C922 /var/log/mail.log

                      If the delivery fails because your relayhost refuses to relay the
                      message, then - like I said before - the problem lies with the relayhost
                      and must be fixed by the postmaster of the relayhost.

                      Regards
                      Ansgar Wiechers
                      --Joel Spolsky
                    • Baptiste Bauer
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                        > the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the postmaster of
                        the relayhost.

                        Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the provider.

                        The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                        Thank you for your help.
                      • Benny Pedersen
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                          On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:29:34 +0200, Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                          >> the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the
                          >> postmaster of
                          > the relayhost.
                          >
                          > Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the
                          > provider.
                          > The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                          can you use the relayhost with smtp auth ?, if so do this with postfix

                          > Thank you for your help.

                          so its solved ?
                        • Baptiste Bauer
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                            On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:29:34 +0200, Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                            >> the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the
                            >> postmaster of
                            > the relayhost.
                            >
                            > Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the
                            > provider.
                            > The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                            can you use the relayhost with smtp auth ?, if so do this with postfix

                            > Thank you for your help.

                            so its solved ?

                            No ....
                            My provider is proposing a solution, to open my mail server ...and directly receive mail on the phone via "pop.mydomain.com" ..etc

                            Actually they tell me to forward mail coming a foreign domain ( ex: gmail) , modify the "sender field to something@..." ....
                            So hide the true sender !

                            But I don't know if it is really makeable.