Re: Postfix , aliases : send messages failed

  • Ansgar Wiechers
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
      On 2011-08-02 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
      > What can i do ? i am the host .
      > I am not a veteran user of postfix configuration.
      >

      > Where can I find the configuration of the relay ?

      Please post the output of "postconf -n" and an excerpt from your mail
      log demonstrating the problem.

      Also please don't top-post.

      Regards
      Ansgar Wiechers
      --Joel Spolsky
    • Baptiste Bauer
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
        My "postconf -n"
        -----------------------------
        alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
        alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
        command_directory = /usr/sbin
        config_directory = /etc/postfix
        debug_peer_level = 2
        html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.2.10-documentation/html
        mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
        mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
        mailbox_size_limit = 400240000
        mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
        manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
        message_size_limit = 50720000
        mydomain = epsmd-aisne.net
        myhostname = epsmd-aisne.fr
        mynetworks = 125.0.0.0/8, 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/24
        notify_classes = resource,software,bounce,delay,policy,protocol
        readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.2.10-documentation/readme
        relayhost = mail.option-service.fr
        sample_directory = /etc/postfix
        setgid_group = postdrop
        unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
        A mail from local domain :

        Aug 2 10:41:01 linux postfix/local[9724]: 51F1712C828:
        to=<xxx.xxx@...>, relay=local, delay=0.92, delays=0.87/0/0/0.05,
        dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail)

        A mail from Extra :

        Aug 2 13:03:36 linux postfix/smtp[21004]: 87CA012C922:
        to=<xxx.xxx@...>, orig_to=<xxx.xxx@...>,
        relay=mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128]:25, delay=0.47,
        delays=0.15/0/0.04/0.27, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host
        mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128] said: 530 5.7.1 relay restricted (in
        reply to RCPT TO command))

        Sorry for the "top-post" , how don't ?

        > I am not a veteran user of postfix configuration.
        >

        > Where can I find the configuration of the relay ?

        Please post the output of "postconf -n" and an excerpt from your mail
        log demonstrating the problem.

        Also please don't top-post.

        Regards
        Ansgar Wiechers
        --Joel Spolsky
      • Larry Stone
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
          On 8/2/11 6:48 AM, Baptiste Bauer at baptiste.bauer@...
          top-posted:

          > Sorry for the "top-post" , how don't ?

          Sorry to be so blunt but if you can't even figure out how to use your mail
          program to compose a message, you're in way over your head trying to manage
          a Postfix installation.

          --
          Larry Stone
          lstone19@...
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
            Sorry to use a french version, with "frenchies terms". ... after search the
            translation .... I am ok ... but I thought "top-post" was a "command" or
            something to do with the postfix-users@... mail ....

            It is the first time I use maillist ...and it is the first time I manage a
            Postfix Installation.

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
              The problem seems to be :

              I use a external relay.
              I phoned my FAI, and the port are close.
              And my boss doesn't want a relay with opened port !

              Is it possible to AA@... to receive a mail from BB@...
              And "make an automatic forward to AA@external_domain.com"
              And show that it is AA@... which send to AA@external_domain.com ,
              not BB@....

              Cause my relay only send message to outdoor if the sender is IN THE DOMAIN.

              Sorry if you don't understand my words.

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                On 2011-08-02 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                > A mail from local domain :
                >
                > Aug 2 10:41:01 linux postfix/local[9724]: 51F1712C828:
                > to=<xxx.xxx@...>, relay=local, delay=0.92, delays=0.87/0/0/0.05,
                > dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail)

                That's a mail delivery TO your local domain.

                > A mail from Extra :
                >
                > Aug 2 13:03:36 linux postfix/smtp[21004]: 87CA012C922:
                > to=<xxx.xxx@...>, orig_to=<xxx.xxx@...>,
                > relay=mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128]:25, delay=0.47,
                > delays=0.15/0/0.04/0.27, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host
                > mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128] said: 530 5.7.1 relay
                > restricted (in reply to RCPT TO command))

                You need to contact the postmaster of mail.option-service.fr and ask him
                to allow relaying from your server. If he refuses, the only thing you
                can do is find a different relayhost.

                > Sorry for the "top-post" , how don't ?

                You configure your mail client to start your reply BELOW the qoute. Or
                you do it manually.

                Regards
                Ansgar Wiechers
                --Joel Spolsky
              • Baptiste Bauer
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                  Thank you Ansgar

                  I phoned yesterday my provider, it propose me a relay with necessary opening
                  port.
                  But securities system problems could exist , what is the critical level ?
                • Baptiste Bauer
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                    To be clear :

                    It is IMPOSSIBLE to "transport", "forward" , "alias" a mail
                    from an unknow domain to an outdoordomain ( like @blackberry),

                    WITH

                    A closed Relay?
                    No hint ? no ticks ?

                    Thank you

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                      On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                      > On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                      >> I phoned yesterday my provider, it propose me a relay with necessary
                      >> opening port.
                      >> But securities system problems could exist , what is the critical
                      >> level ?
                      >
                      > To be clear :
                      >
                      > It is IMPOSSIBLE to "transport", "forward" , "alias" a mail from an
                      > unknow domain to an outdoordomain ( like @blackberry),
                      >
                      > WITH
                      >
                      > A closed Relay?
                      > No hint ? no ticks ?

                      Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                      idea what you're asking here.

                      Regards
                      Ansgar Wiechers
                      --
                      "Abstractions save us time working, but they don't save us time
                      learning."
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                        >De : Ansgar Wiechers [mailto:lists@...] Envoyé : mercredi
                        >3 août 2011 10:08 À : postfix-users@... Objet : Re: Postfix ,
                        >aliases : send messages failed

                        >Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                        >idea what you're asking here.

                        >Regards
                        >Ansgar Wiechers

                        I draw something, it could be easy to explain :
                        http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5074/shemax.jpg

                        you must know my relay is close.
                        And my Boss forbids me to open it !
                        So,
                        Is it possible for a mail from foreigner@otherland to be forward :

                        Name.A@... --> Alias @world

                        I hope you understand know ^^
                      • Ansgar Wiechers
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                          On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                          > De : Ansgar Wiechers [mailto:lists@...] Envoyé : mercredi
                          >> Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                          >> idea what you're asking here.
                          >
                          > I draw something, it could be easy to explain :
                          > http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5074/shemax.jpg
                          >
                          > you must know my relay is close.
                          > And my Boss forbids me to open it !

                          Umm... I would certainly hope so. You probably won't get any help from
                          anyone on this list for configuring an open relay. We're getting enough
                          spam as it is, thank you.

                          > So,
                          > Is it possible for a mail from foreigner@otherland to be forward :
                          >
                          > Name.A@... --> Alias @world

                          The sender address (From:) isn't relevant for relaying. The recipient
                          address (To:) is.

                          So, at which point does the message delivery fail? Please show a full
                          transaction from the point where a mail from <foreigner@...>
                          enters your Postfix to the point where the delivery fails. Try to grep a
                          specific queue-ID from your mail.log. Example with the queue-ID from the
                          log-line you posted earlier:

                          grep 87CA012C922 /var/log/mail.log

                          If the delivery fails because your relayhost refuses to relay the
                          message, then - like I said before - the problem lies with the relayhost
                          and must be fixed by the postmaster of the relayhost.

                          Regards
                          Ansgar Wiechers
                          --Joel Spolsky
                        • Baptiste Bauer
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                            > the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the postmaster of
                            the relayhost.

                            Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the provider.

                            The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                            Thank you for your help.
                          • Benny Pedersen
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                              On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:29:34 +0200, Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                              >> the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the
                              >> postmaster of
                              > the relayhost.
                              >
                              > Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the
                              > provider.
                              > The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                              can you use the relayhost with smtp auth ?, if so do this with postfix

                              > Thank you for your help.

                              so its solved ?
                            • Baptiste Bauer
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                                On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:29:34 +0200, Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                                >> the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the
                                >> postmaster of
                                > the relayhost.
                                >
                                > Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the
                                > provider.
                                > The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                                can you use the relayhost with smtp auth ?, if so do this with postfix

                                > Thank you for your help.

                                so its solved ?

                                No ....
                                My provider is proposing a solution, to open my mail server ...and directly receive mail on the phone via "pop.mydomain.com" ..etc

                                Actually they tell me to forward mail coming a foreign domain ( ex: gmail) , modify the "sender field to something@..." ....
                                So hide the true sender !

                                But I don't know if it is really makeable.