Postfix , aliases : send messages failed

  • Baptiste Bauer
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1, 2011

      Hello, i am a beguinner with postfix. And I am looking for your help ! ( it is an emergency ^^)

      We have an intranet which allow us to send and receive mail  !

      Exemple : baptiste.bauer at epsmd-aisne.fr  can send and receive from anywhere

      We bought BLACKBERRY.

      I must create an aliase which send the received message from baptiste.bauer at epsmd-aisne.fr to baptiste.bauer at blackberry.orange.fr

      This is the alias :

      Baptiste.bauer : baptiste.bauer(at)epsmd-aisne.fr, baptiste.bauer (at) blackberry.orange.fr

      Somebody who send me a mail from XXX.YYY@... ( same local domain ) : it is OK …. Both mailbox receive the mail

      BUT

      A mail from xx@... or anything else domain from extranet : send failed !

      This is the mail Delivery System message :

         The mail system

      <baptiste.bauer@...> (expanded from

         <baptiste.bauer@...>): host

         mail.option-service.fr[xxxxx.xxx.xx.xx] said: 530 5.7.1 relay restricted (in

         reply to RCPT TO command)

      Final-Recipient: rfc822; baptiste.bauer@...

      Action: failed

      Remote-MTA: dns; mail.option-service.fr

      Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 530 5.7.1 relay restricted

      Please I need some help J

      Bauer Baptiste

      Service Informatique
      EPSMD de l'Aisne
      02320 PREMONTRE
      Tél: 03 23
      23 66 17
      E-mail:  baptiste.bauer@...

       P Afin de contribuer au respect de l’environnement, merci de n’imprimer ce mail qu’en cas de nécessité

    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 1, 2011
        On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:46:37 +0200, Baptiste Bauer wrote:

        > Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 530 5.7.1 relay restricted
        > Please I need some help J

        only the host can tell what it means by relay retricted really is, does
        not help blame others for this error

        > Links:
        > ------
        > [1] mailto:baptiste.bauer@...
        > [2] mailto:baptiste.bauer%20at%20epsmd-aisne.fr
        > [3] mailto:baptiste.bauer@...
        > [4] mailto:XXX.YYY@...
        > [5] mailto:xx@...
        > [6] mailto:baptiste.bauer@...
      • Baptiste Bauer
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 1, 2011
          What can i do ? i am the host .
          I am not a veteran user of postfix configuration.

          Where can I find the configuration of the relay ?

          On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:46:37 +0200, Baptiste Bauer wrote:

          > Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 530 5.7.1 relay restricted
          > Please I need some help J

          only the host can tell what it means by relay retricted really is, does
          not help blame others for this error

          > Links:
          > ------
          > [1] mailto:baptiste.bauer@...
          > [2] mailto:baptiste.bauer%20at%20epsmd-aisne.fr
          > [3] mailto:baptiste.bauer@...
          > [4] mailto:XXX.YYY@...
          > [5] mailto:xx@...
          > [6] mailto:baptiste.bauer@...
        • Ansgar Wiechers
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
            On 2011-08-02 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
            > What can i do ? i am the host .
            > I am not a veteran user of postfix configuration.
            >

            > Where can I find the configuration of the relay ?

            Please post the output of "postconf -n" and an excerpt from your mail
            log demonstrating the problem.

            Also please don't top-post.

            Regards
            Ansgar Wiechers
            --Joel Spolsky
          • Baptiste Bauer
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
              My "postconf -n"
              -----------------------------
              alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
              alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
              command_directory = /usr/sbin
              config_directory = /etc/postfix
              debug_peer_level = 2
              html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.2.10-documentation/html
              mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
              mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
              mailbox_size_limit = 400240000
              mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
              manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
              message_size_limit = 50720000
              mydomain = epsmd-aisne.net
              myhostname = epsmd-aisne.fr
              mynetworks = 125.0.0.0/8, 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/24
              notify_classes = resource,software,bounce,delay,policy,protocol
              readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.2.10-documentation/readme
              relayhost = mail.option-service.fr
              sample_directory = /etc/postfix
              setgid_group = postdrop
              unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
              A mail from local domain :

              Aug 2 10:41:01 linux postfix/local[9724]: 51F1712C828:
              to=<xxx.xxx@...>, relay=local, delay=0.92, delays=0.87/0/0/0.05,
              dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail)

              A mail from Extra :

              Aug 2 13:03:36 linux postfix/smtp[21004]: 87CA012C922:
              to=<xxx.xxx@...>, orig_to=<xxx.xxx@...>,
              relay=mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128]:25, delay=0.47,
              delays=0.15/0/0.04/0.27, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host
              mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128] said: 530 5.7.1 relay restricted (in
              reply to RCPT TO command))

              Sorry for the "top-post" , how don't ?

              > I am not a veteran user of postfix configuration.
              >

              > Where can I find the configuration of the relay ?

              Please post the output of "postconf -n" and an excerpt from your mail
              log demonstrating the problem.

              Also please don't top-post.

              Regards
              Ansgar Wiechers
              --Joel Spolsky
            • Larry Stone
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                On 8/2/11 6:48 AM, Baptiste Bauer at baptiste.bauer@...
                top-posted:

                > Sorry for the "top-post" , how don't ?

                Sorry to be so blunt but if you can't even figure out how to use your mail
                program to compose a message, you're in way over your head trying to manage
                a Postfix installation.

                --
                Larry Stone
                lstone19@...
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                  Sorry to use a french version, with "frenchies terms". ... after search the
                  translation .... I am ok ... but I thought "top-post" was a "command" or
                  something to do with the postfix-users@... mail ....

                  It is the first time I use maillist ...and it is the first time I manage a
                  Postfix Installation.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                    The problem seems to be :

                    I use a external relay.
                    I phoned my FAI, and the port are close.
                    And my boss doesn't want a relay with opened port !

                    Is it possible to AA@... to receive a mail from BB@...
                    And "make an automatic forward to AA@external_domain.com"
                    And show that it is AA@... which send to AA@external_domain.com ,
                    not BB@....

                    Cause my relay only send message to outdoor if the sender is IN THE DOMAIN.

                    Sorry if you don't understand my words.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                      On 2011-08-02 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                      > A mail from local domain :
                      >
                      > Aug 2 10:41:01 linux postfix/local[9724]: 51F1712C828:
                      > to=<xxx.xxx@...>, relay=local, delay=0.92, delays=0.87/0/0/0.05,
                      > dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail)

                      That's a mail delivery TO your local domain.

                      > A mail from Extra :
                      >
                      > Aug 2 13:03:36 linux postfix/smtp[21004]: 87CA012C922:
                      > to=<xxx.xxx@...>, orig_to=<xxx.xxx@...>,
                      > relay=mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128]:25, delay=0.47,
                      > delays=0.15/0/0.04/0.27, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host
                      > mail.option-service.fr[62.244.112.128] said: 530 5.7.1 relay
                      > restricted (in reply to RCPT TO command))

                      You need to contact the postmaster of mail.option-service.fr and ask him
                      to allow relaying from your server. If he refuses, the only thing you
                      can do is find a different relayhost.

                      > Sorry for the "top-post" , how don't ?

                      You configure your mail client to start your reply BELOW the qoute. Or
                      you do it manually.

                      Regards
                      Ansgar Wiechers
                      --Joel Spolsky
                    • Baptiste Bauer
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                        Thank you Ansgar

                        I phoned yesterday my provider, it propose me a relay with necessary opening
                        port.
                        But securities system problems could exist , what is the critical level ?
                      • Baptiste Bauer
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 2, 2011
                          To be clear :

                          It is IMPOSSIBLE to "transport", "forward" , "alias" a mail
                          from an unknow domain to an outdoordomain ( like @blackberry),

                          WITH

                          A closed Relay?
                          No hint ? no ticks ?

                          Thank you

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                            On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                            > On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                            >> I phoned yesterday my provider, it propose me a relay with necessary
                            >> opening port.
                            >> But securities system problems could exist , what is the critical
                            >> level ?
                            >
                            > To be clear :
                            >
                            > It is IMPOSSIBLE to "transport", "forward" , "alias" a mail from an
                            > unknow domain to an outdoordomain ( like @blackberry),
                            >
                            > WITH
                            >
                            > A closed Relay?
                            > No hint ? no ticks ?

                            Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                            idea what you're asking here.

                            Regards
                            Ansgar Wiechers
                            --
                            "Abstractions save us time working, but they don't save us time
                            learning."
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                              >De : Ansgar Wiechers [mailto:lists@...] Envoyé : mercredi
                              >3 août 2011 10:08 À : postfix-users@... Objet : Re: Postfix ,
                              >aliases : send messages failed

                              >Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                              >idea what you're asking here.

                              >Regards
                              >Ansgar Wiechers

                              I draw something, it could be easy to explain :
                              http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5074/shemax.jpg

                              you must know my relay is close.
                              And my Boss forbids me to open it !
                              So,
                              Is it possible for a mail from foreigner@otherland to be forward :

                              Name.A@... --> Alias @world

                              I hope you understand know ^^
                            • Ansgar Wiechers
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                                On 2011-08-03 Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                                > De : Ansgar Wiechers [mailto:lists@...] Envoyé : mercredi
                                >> Sorry, but this isn't clear at all. Please rephrase, because I have no
                                >> idea what you're asking here.
                                >
                                > I draw something, it could be easy to explain :
                                > http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5074/shemax.jpg
                                >
                                > you must know my relay is close.
                                > And my Boss forbids me to open it !

                                Umm... I would certainly hope so. You probably won't get any help from
                                anyone on this list for configuring an open relay. We're getting enough
                                spam as it is, thank you.

                                > So,
                                > Is it possible for a mail from foreigner@otherland to be forward :
                                >
                                > Name.A@... --> Alias @world

                                The sender address (From:) isn't relevant for relaying. The recipient
                                address (To:) is.

                                So, at which point does the message delivery fail? Please show a full
                                transaction from the point where a mail from <foreigner@...>
                                enters your Postfix to the point where the delivery fails. Try to grep a
                                specific queue-ID from your mail.log. Example with the queue-ID from the
                                log-line you posted earlier:

                                grep 87CA012C922 /var/log/mail.log

                                If the delivery fails because your relayhost refuses to relay the
                                message, then - like I said before - the problem lies with the relayhost
                                and must be fixed by the postmaster of the relayhost.

                                Regards
                                Ansgar Wiechers
                                --Joel Spolsky
                              • Baptiste Bauer
                                Message 15 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                                  > the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the postmaster of
                                  the relayhost.

                                  Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the provider.

                                  The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                                  Thank you for your help.
                                • Benny Pedersen
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                                    On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:29:34 +0200, Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                                    >> the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the
                                    >> postmaster of
                                    > the relayhost.
                                    >
                                    > Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the
                                    > provider.
                                    > The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                                    can you use the relayhost with smtp auth ?, if so do this with postfix

                                    > Thank you for your help.

                                    so its solved ?
                                  • Baptiste Bauer
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
                                      On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:29:34 +0200, Baptiste Bauer wrote:
                                      >> the problem lies with the relayhost and must be fixed by the
                                      >> postmaster of
                                      > the relayhost.
                                      >
                                      > Ok you give me the certitude that the problem must be fixed by the
                                      > provider.
                                      > The mail are blocked on the relayhost. ( according my logs )

                                      can you use the relayhost with smtp auth ?, if so do this with postfix

                                      > Thank you for your help.

                                      so its solved ?

                                      No ....
                                      My provider is proposing a solution, to open my mail server ...and directly receive mail on the phone via "pop.mydomain.com" ..etc

                                      Actually they tell me to forward mail coming a foreign domain ( ex: gmail) , modify the "sender field to something@..." ....
                                      So hide the true sender !

                                      But I don't know if it is really makeable.