Re: Immediately bounce mails stuck to typosquatted domains

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
      * Benny Pedersen <me@...>:
      > On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:52:54 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
      > >* Ram <ram@...>:
      > >>I have had many instances people typo their recipients
      > >>email-domains
      > >>and the typo domain does not accept mails
      > >>Like for instance mail for user@... is sent to user@...
      > >
      > >in transport_maps:
      > >
      > >tahoo.com error:Learn to type!
      >

      > Resolved tahoo.com to 184.154.126.182
      > tahoo.com has no MX records

      The A record counts as MX record in absence of MX records.
      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2011
        On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 13:08 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
        > * Ramprasad <ram@...>:
        >
        > > That I have already , but there are so many such typos possible.
        >
        > Stupidity in infinite, yes :)
        >
        > > Is there a way I can reject a mail based on recipient IP , just like I
        > > use DNSBL's for sender ip addresses
        >
        > Yes! Try
        >
        > reject_check_recipient_mx_access type:table

        I am not able to get any documentation or example of
        reject_check_recipient_mx_access

        Can you please tell me how this is done
      • Ralf Hildebrandt
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2011
          * Ramprasad <ram@...>:

          > > Yes! Try
          > >
          > > reject_check_recipient_mx_access type:table
          >

          > I am not able to get any documentation or example of
          > reject_check_recipient_mx_access
          >
          > Can you please tell me how this is done

          Look for check_recipient_mx_access type:table