Re: Immediately bounce mails stuck to typosquatted domains

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
      On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:52:54 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
      > * Ram <ram@...>:
      >> I have had many instances people typo their recipients
      >> email-domains
      >> and the typo domain does not accept mails
      >> Like for instance mail for user@... is sent to user@...
      >
      > in transport_maps:
      >
      > tahoo.com error:Learn to type!

      Resolved tahoo.com to 184.154.126.182
      tahoo.com has no MX records
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
        Am 01.08.2011 14:28, schrieb Benny Pedersen:
        > On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:52:54 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
        >> * Ram <ram@...>:
        >>> I have had many instances people typo their recipients email-domains
        >>> and the typo domain does not accept mails
        >>> Like for instance mail for user@... is sent to user@...
        >>
        >> in transport_maps:
        >>
        >> tahoo.com error:Learn to type!
        >

        > Resolved tahoo.com to 184.154.126.182
        > tahoo.com has no MX records

        you should ADD to your transports the typo-domain with transport
        "error:Learn to type!", after that NOTHING is resolved, your user
        is rejected with this message while sending
      • Ralf Hildebrandt
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
          * Benny Pedersen <me@...>:
          > On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:52:54 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
          > >* Ram <ram@...>:
          > >>I have had many instances people typo their recipients
          > >>email-domains
          > >>and the typo domain does not accept mails
          > >>Like for instance mail for user@... is sent to user@...
          > >
          > >in transport_maps:
          > >
          > >tahoo.com error:Learn to type!
          >

          > Resolved tahoo.com to 184.154.126.182
          > tahoo.com has no MX records

          The A record counts as MX record in absence of MX records.
          --
          Ralf Hildebrandt
          Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 4, 2011
            On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 13:08 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
            > * Ramprasad <ram@...>:
            >
            > > That I have already , but there are so many such typos possible.
            >
            > Stupidity in infinite, yes :)
            >
            > > Is there a way I can reject a mail based on recipient IP , just like I
            > > use DNSBL's for sender ip addresses
            >
            > Yes! Try
            >
            > reject_check_recipient_mx_access type:table

            I am not able to get any documentation or example of
            reject_check_recipient_mx_access

            Can you please tell me how this is done
          • Ralf Hildebrandt
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 4, 2011
              * Ramprasad <ram@...>:

              > > Yes! Try
              > >
              > > reject_check_recipient_mx_access type:table
              >

              > I am not able to get any documentation or example of
              > reject_check_recipient_mx_access
              >
              > Can you please tell me how this is done

              Look for check_recipient_mx_access type:table