Re: Immediately bounce mails stuck to typosquatted domains

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
      * Ramprasad <ram@...>:

      > That I have already , but there are so many such typos possible.

      Stupidity in infinite, yes :)

      > Is there a way I can reject a mail based on recipient IP , just like I
      > use DNSBL's for sender ip addresses

      Yes! Try

      reject_check_recipient_mx_access type:table

      Search the specified access(5) database for the MX hosts for the RCPT
      TO domain, and execute the corresponding action. Note: a result of
      "OK" is not allowed for safety reasons. Instead, use DUNNO in order to
      exclude specific hosts from blacklists. This feature is available in
      Postfix 2.1 and later.

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
        On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:52:54 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
        > * Ram <ram@...>:
        >> I have had many instances people typo their recipients
        >> email-domains
        >> and the typo domain does not accept mails
        >> Like for instance mail for user@... is sent to user@...
        >
        > in transport_maps:
        >
        > tahoo.com error:Learn to type!

        Resolved tahoo.com to 184.154.126.182
        tahoo.com has no MX records
      • Reindl Harald
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
          Am 01.08.2011 14:28, schrieb Benny Pedersen:
          > On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:52:54 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
          >> * Ram <ram@...>:
          >>> I have had many instances people typo their recipients email-domains
          >>> and the typo domain does not accept mails
          >>> Like for instance mail for user@... is sent to user@...
          >>
          >> in transport_maps:
          >>
          >> tahoo.com error:Learn to type!
          >

          > Resolved tahoo.com to 184.154.126.182
          > tahoo.com has no MX records

          you should ADD to your transports the typo-domain with transport
          "error:Learn to type!", after that NOTHING is resolved, your user
          is rejected with this message while sending
        • Ralf Hildebrandt
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
            * Benny Pedersen <me@...>:
            > On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:52:54 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
            > >* Ram <ram@...>:
            > >>I have had many instances people typo their recipients
            > >>email-domains
            > >>and the typo domain does not accept mails
            > >>Like for instance mail for user@... is sent to user@...
            > >
            > >in transport_maps:
            > >
            > >tahoo.com error:Learn to type!
            >

            > Resolved tahoo.com to 184.154.126.182
            > tahoo.com has no MX records

            The A record counts as MX record in absence of MX records.
            --
            Ralf Hildebrandt
            Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
            Campus Benjamin Franklin
            Hindenburgdamm 30 | D-12203 Berlin
            Tel. +49 30 450 570 155 | Fax: +49 30 450 570 962
          • Ramprasad
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 4, 2011
              On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 13:08 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
              > * Ramprasad <ram@...>:
              >
              > > That I have already , but there are so many such typos possible.
              >
              > Stupidity in infinite, yes :)
              >
              > > Is there a way I can reject a mail based on recipient IP , just like I
              > > use DNSBL's for sender ip addresses
              >
              > Yes! Try
              >
              > reject_check_recipient_mx_access type:table

              I am not able to get any documentation or example of
              reject_check_recipient_mx_access

              Can you please tell me how this is done
            • Ralf Hildebrandt
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 4, 2011
                * Ramprasad <ram@...>:

                > > Yes! Try
                > >
                > > reject_check_recipient_mx_access type:table
                >

                > I am not able to get any documentation or example of
                > reject_check_recipient_mx_access
                >
                > Can you please tell me how this is done

                Look for check_recipient_mx_access type:table