Re: misunderstanding with dovecot

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2011
      On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:34:54 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:

      > transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_transport.cf
      > maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1
      > virtual_transport = virtual

      doh :-)

      virtual is postfix that do not do sieve, it must be dovecot and be
      added to master.cf as such

      http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix

      are you running more then one lda ?, eg courier-imap and dovecot ?,
      this can be pratical under migrations, then your config is ok
    • Andrea Ganduglia
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
        On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Victor Duchovni
        <Victor.Duchovni@...> wrote:

        >> I hope so! I logged my queries:
        >>
        >>  84 Query     SELECT domain FROM domain WHERE domain='example.com' and
        >> backupmx = '0' and active = '1'
        >>  85 Query     SELECT "dovecot" AS transport FROM mailbox WHERE domain
        >> = 'example.com' LIMIT 1
        >>
        >> If I run those from cmd line they work. :-/
        >
        > The words "they work" communicate no information at all. We know the
        > domain is not a virtual mailbox domain. Now find out why.
        >
        > What does
        >
        >        postmap -q the-domain-in-question mysql:the-table-config.cf
        >
        > return? Does the domain also match any of the other address classes?

        I'm sorry, I think I don't understand this question. I'll try...

        # postmap -q example.com
        mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
        example.com

        ?

        With <they work> I meant: those queries return expected result.
      • Andrea Ganduglia
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
          On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:
          > On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:34:54 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
          >
          >> transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_transport.cf
          >> maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1
          >> virtual_transport = virtual
          >
          > doh :-)
          >
          > virtual is postfix that do not do sieve, it must be dovecot and be added to
          > master.cf as such
          >
          > http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix
          >
          > are you running more then one lda ?, eg courier-imap and dovecot ?, this can
          > be pratical under migrations, then your config is ok

          If I set

          virtual_transport = dovecot

          outbound emails are always deferred. In any case this line is wrong
          (I'm really sorry, it's a cut&paste error)

          maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1

          this line is

          dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

          -Andrea
        • Stan Hoeppner
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
            On 8/3/2011 2:56 AM, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:

            > If I set
            >
            > virtual_transport = dovecot
            >
            > outbound emails are always deferred.

            I gave you the correct fix for this a few days ago: 587 submission.

            --
            Stan
          • Benny Pedersen
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
              On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 09:56:35 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
              > On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:
              >> On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:34:54 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
              >>
              >>> transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_transport.cf
              >>> maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1
              >>> virtual_transport = virtual
              >>
              >> doh :-)
              >>
              >> virtual is postfix that do not do sieve, it must be dovecot and be
              >> added to
              >> master.cf as such
              >>
              >> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix
              >>
              >> are you running more then one lda ?, eg courier-imap and dovecot ?,
              >> this can
              >> be pratical under migrations, then your config is ok
              >
              > If I set
              >
              > virtual_transport = dovecot
              > outbound emails are always deferred. In any case this line is wrong

              no its not, show postfix logs

              > (I'm really sorry, it's a cut&paste error)

              then virtual_domain_* is not correct to what domain/mailbox dovecot
              will accept, postfix/dovecot must agree

              > maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1
              > dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

              super you spotted this
            • Benny Pedersen
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
                On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 05:19:10 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
                > On 8/3/2011 2:56 AM, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
                >
                >> If I set
                >>
                >> virtual_transport = dovecot
                >>
                >> outbound emails are always deferred.
                >
                > I gave you the correct fix for this a few days ago: 587 submission.

                and note that outbound mails is not handled by dovecot
              • Stan Hoeppner
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
                  On 8/3/2011 9:04 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
                  > On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 05:19:10 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
                  >> On 8/3/2011 2:56 AM, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> If I set
                  >>>
                  >>> virtual_transport = dovecot
                  >>>
                  >>> outbound emails are always deferred.
                  >>
                  >> I gave you the correct fix for this a few days ago: 587 submission.
                  >
                  > and note that outbound mails is not handled by dovecot

                  Benny, you're not helping this thread. Please butt out. Viktor and I
                  have this one covered. You're merely confusing/distracting the OP.

                  --
                  Stan
                • Andrea Ganduglia
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
                    On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:
                    > On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 09:56:35 +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:

                    >>> doh :-)
                    [..]
                    >> If I set
                    >>
                    >> virtual_transport = dovecot
                    >> outbound emails are always deferred. In any case this line is wrong
                    >
                    > no its not, show postfix logs

                    U can read my log in my first post.
                    -Andrea
                  • Andrea Ganduglia
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 3, 2011
                      On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@...> wrote:
                      > On 8/3/2011 2:56 AM, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
                      >
                      >> If I set
                      >>
                      >> virtual_transport = dovecot
                      >>
                      >> outbound emails are always deferred.
                      >
                      > I gave you the correct fix for this a few days ago: 587 submission.

                      I will try in few days. Thanks again!