Re: Forbid .forward but be able to use vacation ?

  • Ben McGinnes
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
      On 30/07/11 12:53 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Frank Bonnet:
      >>
      >> Thanks for any info/links/idea
      >
      > grep @ /home/*/.forward

      And pray that none of them are using procmail. ;)

      Regards,
      Ben
    • Frank Bonnet
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
        well I haven't installed procmail
        on this server ;-)

        Envoyé de mon iPhone.

        Le 29 juil. 2011 à 17:55, Ben McGinnes <ben@...> a écrit :

        > On 30/07/11 12:53 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
        >> Frank Bonnet:
        >>>
        >>> Thanks for any info/links/idea
        >>
        >> grep @ /home/*/.forward
        >
        > And pray that none of them are using procmail. ;)
        >

        > Regards,
        > Ben

      • Frank Bonnet
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
          Le 29/07/2011 16:53, Wietse Venema a écrit :
          > Frank Bonnet:
          >> Hello
          >>
          >> I'm facing an egg and chicken problem ,,,
          >>
          >> We have received the following instructions "From Above" :
          >>
          >> 1 - Forbid the email forwarding for our users
          >> 2 - Some kind of vacation program must be still available for users
          >> that are Out Of Office
          >>
          >> We use "real" unix users with LDAP backend ( pam_ldap + nss_ldap )
          >>
          >> Thanks for any info/links/idea
          >
          > grep @ /home/*/.forward
          >
          > Wietse

          Hi Wiese

          Yes I know how grep for @ in */.forward files
          but I think it is misunderstanding due to me

          I would like to disable the forwarding capabilities
          for some users ( mainly students )

          For now the only solution I found is to create an empty
          .forward file in their home directories owned by root
          and chmoded 444 ...

          not very elegant but it seems to work

          Now ... how to have a vacation utility that still works ?
          maybe sieve could be usable with dovecot LDA ?

          Thanks for your answer
        • Bastian Blank
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30, 2011
            On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:36:19PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
            > I'm facing an egg and chicken problem ,,,
            > We have received the following instructions "From Above" :
            > 1 - Forbid the email forwarding for our users

            | forward_path =

            At least if you don't have mailbox_command defined.

            > 2 - Some kind of vacation program must be still available for users
            > that are Out Of Office
            > We use "real" unix users with LDAP backend ( pam_ldap + nss_ldap )

            Use gnarwl or something like that.

            Bastian

            --
            I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell the truth.
            -- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30, 2011
              Le 30/07/2011 09:56, Bastian Blank a écrit :
              > On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:36:19PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
              >> I'm facing an egg and chicken problem ,,,
              >> We have received the following instructions "From Above" :
              >> 1 - Forbid the email forwarding for our users
              >
              > | forward_path =

              ok

              > At least if you don't have mailbox_command defined.
              >
              >> 2 - Some kind of vacation program must be still available for users
              >> that are Out Of Office
              >> We use "real" unix users with LDAP backend ( pam_ldap + nss_ldap )
              >
              > Use gnarwl or something like that.

              Thanks gonna try that

              > Bastian

              Frank