Re: Forbid .forward but be able to use vacation ?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
      Frank Bonnet:
      > Hello
      >
      > I'm facing an egg and chicken problem ,,,
      >
      > We have received the following instructions "From Above" :
      >
      > 1 - Forbid the email forwarding for our users
      > 2 - Some kind of vacation program must be still available for users
      > that are Out Of Office
      >
      > We use "real" unix users with LDAP backend ( pam_ldap + nss_ldap )
      >
      > Thanks for any info/links/idea

      grep @ /home/*/.forward

      Wietse
    • Ben McGinnes
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
        On 30/07/11 12:53 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > Frank Bonnet:
        >>
        >> Thanks for any info/links/idea
        >
        > grep @ /home/*/.forward

        And pray that none of them are using procmail. ;)

        Regards,
        Ben
      • Frank Bonnet
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
          well I haven't installed procmail
          on this server ;-)

          Envoyé de mon iPhone.

          Le 29 juil. 2011 à 17:55, Ben McGinnes <ben@...> a écrit :

          > On 30/07/11 12:53 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
          >> Frank Bonnet:
          >>>
          >>> Thanks for any info/links/idea
          >>
          >> grep @ /home/*/.forward
          >
          > And pray that none of them are using procmail. ;)
          >

          > Regards,
          > Ben

        • Frank Bonnet
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
            Le 29/07/2011 16:53, Wietse Venema a écrit :
            > Frank Bonnet:
            >> Hello
            >>
            >> I'm facing an egg and chicken problem ,,,
            >>
            >> We have received the following instructions "From Above" :
            >>
            >> 1 - Forbid the email forwarding for our users
            >> 2 - Some kind of vacation program must be still available for users
            >> that are Out Of Office
            >>
            >> We use "real" unix users with LDAP backend ( pam_ldap + nss_ldap )
            >>
            >> Thanks for any info/links/idea
            >
            > grep @ /home/*/.forward
            >
            > Wietse

            Hi Wiese

            Yes I know how grep for @ in */.forward files
            but I think it is misunderstanding due to me

            I would like to disable the forwarding capabilities
            for some users ( mainly students )

            For now the only solution I found is to create an empty
            .forward file in their home directories owned by root
            and chmoded 444 ...

            not very elegant but it seems to work

            Now ... how to have a vacation utility that still works ?
            maybe sieve could be usable with dovecot LDA ?

            Thanks for your answer
          • Bastian Blank
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30, 2011
              On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:36:19PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
              > I'm facing an egg and chicken problem ,,,
              > We have received the following instructions "From Above" :
              > 1 - Forbid the email forwarding for our users

              | forward_path =

              At least if you don't have mailbox_command defined.

              > 2 - Some kind of vacation program must be still available for users
              > that are Out Of Office
              > We use "real" unix users with LDAP backend ( pam_ldap + nss_ldap )

              Use gnarwl or something like that.

              Bastian

              --
              I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell the truth.
              -- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 30, 2011
                Le 30/07/2011 09:56, Bastian Blank a écrit :
                > On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:36:19PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
                >> I'm facing an egg and chicken problem ,,,
                >> We have received the following instructions "From Above" :
                >> 1 - Forbid the email forwarding for our users
                >
                > | forward_path =

                ok

                > At least if you don't have mailbox_command defined.
                >
                >> 2 - Some kind of vacation program must be still available for users
                >> that are Out Of Office
                >> We use "real" unix users with LDAP backend ( pam_ldap + nss_ldap )
                >
                > Use gnarwl or something like that.

                Thanks gonna try that

                > Bastian

                Frank