Re: 'smtpd_proxy_filter' and 'action DISCARD'

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2011
      Ralf Zimmermann:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have used a content_filter and changed my configuration to
      > smtpd_proxy_filter. In my configuration I use spamtrap email addresses
      > with action discard. After I changed my configuration to
      > smtpd_proxy_filter I got the following messages.
      >
      > -----------------------------%<---------------------------------
      > access table hash:/etc/postfix/spamtrap: with smtpd_proxy_filter
      > specified, action DISCARD is unavailable
      > -----------------------------%<---------------------------------

      As the message suggests, the DISCARD action is not implemented for
      before-queue content filters.

      Actually, DISCARD could be implemented, but other actions such as
      FILTER and REDIRECT definitely cannot, because they require an
      action by the post-filter MTA, and there is no way request that
      action through an SMTP-based filter.

      > I take a look to the documentation, but I found nothing about this. I
      > changed the action to REJECT. What can I do to configure the spamtrap
      > addresses with smtpd_proxy_filter?

      Maybe the before-queue filter can discard the message instead.