SMTP AUTH for all users except for our mailing-lists ?

  • Frank Bonnet
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
      Hello

      I would like to force all my real users to use SMTP AUTH
      ( SASL + LDAP ) but we have many internal mailing lists
      running and I wonder if it is possible to add an exception
      for that purpose , I think it would be possible with "mynetwork"
      statement but I would not screw up our production server and
      need experts advices.

      Thanks
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
        On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:14:32 +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > I would like to force all my real users to use SMTP AUTH
        > ( SASL + LDAP ) but we have many internal mailing lists
        > running and I wonder if it is possible to add an exception
        > for that purpose , I think it would be possible with "mynetwork"
        > statement but I would not screw up our production server and
        > need experts advices.

        /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks = !192.0.2.171/32, 192.0.2.0/24

        http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
      • Frank Bonnet
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
          On 07/03/2011 02:37 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
          > On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:14:32 +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
          >> Hello
          >>
          >> I would like to force all my real users to use SMTP AUTH
          >> ( SASL + LDAP ) but we have many internal mailing lists
          >> running and I wonder if it is possible to add an exception
          >> for that purpose , I think it would be possible with "mynetwork"
          >> statement but I would not screw up our production server and
          >> need experts advices.
          >
          > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
          > smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks = !192.0.2.171/32, 192.0.2.0/24
          >

          > http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

          thank you :-)
        • Stan Hoeppner
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
            On 7/3/2011 3:14 AM, Frank Bonnet wrote:
            > Hello
            >
            > I would like to force all my real users to use SMTP AUTH
            > ( SASL + LDAP ) but we have many internal mailing lists
            > running and I wonder if it is possible to add an exception
            > for that purpose , I think it would be possible with "mynetwork"
            > statement but I would not screw up our production server and
            > need experts advices.

            This is what the submission (TCP 587) daemon is for. Use it instead of
            SASL over TCP 25 and all your problems disappear.

            --
            Stan