Re: Current header check

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2011
      On 6/27/2011 9:28 PM, jeffrey j donovan wrote:
      I had some very old lines in my header checks. are there any
      that are still useful prior to spamassassin? This systems
      relays to an internal system running amavis.

      > -j

      I have a few lines in my header_checks, but they never hit
      anything. I'm just lazy about cleaning them out as long as
      they don't cause false positives. My mail volume is low
      enough that a few useless header_checks don't bother anything.

      If your old lines don't do any good, remove them (or ignore
      them and wait for them to cause problems later).

      Here's some commonly used tools; you decide for yourself if
      these are appropriate for your environment:

      - only accept mail for valid recipients. This is a requirement
      these days. Many ways to do this depending on your
      infrastructure.
      - zen.spamhaus.org RBL; safe and very effective. If your org
      is too big for the free service, well worth the small annual fee.
      - clamav with the add-on Sanesecurity anti-spam checks.
      - SpamAssassin
      - run all this under amavisd-new pre-queue as a
      smtpd_proxy_filter (any pre-queue filter can limit peak
      throughput -- make sure you have enough horsepower or add MX
      boxes if you want to filter pre-queue).