how to count recipient count per user in filter

  • Selcuk Yazar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011
      Hi

      I wrote my problem before , but i want to create correct solution for smtp_destination_recipient_limit

      in main.cf we set smtp_destination_recipient_limit=50
      but we have stupid users :) they ignore account quota phishing mails and they give their passwords :$

      i want to control recipient count for per mail , if one user send totaly send mail for 100 or 150 or more recipient  i want to stop postfix or alert me some way

      is it possible ?

      becouse when i looked in maillogs there are too many mail has recipient count is 50.

      thanks in advance.

      --
    • Jeroen Geilman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011
        On 06/02/2011 09:57 AM, Selcuk Yazar wrote: Hi

        I wrote my problem before , but i want to create correct solution for smtp_destination_recipient_limit

        This is an smtp(8) setting; it does not apply to recipients in *received* mail.

        in main.cf we set smtp_destination_recipient_limit=50
        but we have stupid users :) they ignore account quota phishing mails and they give their passwords :$

        i want to control recipient count for per mail , if one user send totaly send mail for 100 or 150 or more recipient  i want to stop postfix or alert me some way

        So you limit the amount of recipients in *received* mail, with smtpd_recipient_limit.

        Note that setting this too low will probably break all sorts of things.

        is it possible ?

        becouse when i looked in maillogs there are too many mail has recipient count is 50.

        Again, trying to combat smtpd(8) troubles with smtp(8) settings won't have any effect.

        --
        J.

      • Selcuk Yazar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011