Re: HOw to retain the original email content when the email are bounced back

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2011
      Le 02/06/2011 06:42, kshitij mali a écrit :
      > Hi all ,
      >

      > we send the emails from the application server by making smtp session with
      > one of the postfix server
      > there’s a scenario when CRM server send out invalid email address to
      > postfix, we’re getting a bounced-back email saying that the email is not
      > delivered together with a trace-dump. But the original email content is
      > discarded.
      > Q> Is it possible to retain the original email content when the email are
      > bounced back ?

      you'd better use unique IDs (or VERP) and keep copies of the messages
      somewhere...

      but see
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_size_limit

      > IF yes then what configuration changes need to do on postfix ?

    • kshitij mali
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2011
        hi

        >you'd better use unique IDs (or VERP) and keep copies of the messages
        >somewhere...
        will u please explain in detail the above configuration and what change need to do on postfix

        Regards,
        Kshitij

        On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM, mouss <mouss@...> wrote:
        Le 02/06/2011 06:42, kshitij mali a écrit :
        > Hi all ,
        >

        > we send the emails from the application server by making smtp session with
        > one of the postfix server
        > there’s a scenario when CRM server send out invalid email address to
        > postfix, we’re getting a bounced-back email saying that the email is not
        > delivered together with a trace-dump. But the original email content is
        > discarded.
        > Q> Is it possible to retain the original email content when the email are
        > bounced back ?

        you'd better use unique IDs (or VERP) and keep copies of the messages
        somewhere...

        but see
               http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_size_limit

        > IF yes then what configuration changes need to do on postfix ?

      • /dev/rob0
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2011
          On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 01:20:30PM +0530, kshitij mali wrote:
          > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM, mouss <mouss@...> wrote:
          > >you'd better use unique IDs (or VERP) and keep copies of the
          > >messages somewhere...
          > will u please explain in detail the above configuration and what
          > change need to do on postfix

          At this point it would be better for you to see here:
          and show us what you are talking about, because typically no, the
          behavior you're describing is not the norm, and further guesses we
          might make about the real problem and goal will not help.