Re: Gmail and mailing-list

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1 3:13 AM
      On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:52:17 +0200
      Nahliel Steinberg <nahliel.steinberg@...> articulated:

      > Recently i have configured postfix on my laptop at home, to use it
      > with yahoo. Ok at home run succesfull.
      >
      > Here at office, postfix dont run because 465 port is blocking by a
      > firewall.

      Why are you using 465? I am using 587 without any problems. Port
      465 may not be dead; however, it is certainly comatose.

      --
      Jerry ✌
      postfix-user@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 12:50 AM
        Le 01/06/2011 10:52, Nahliel Steinberg a écrit :
        > Sirs,
        >
        > Recently i have configured postfix on my laptop at home, to use it with yahoo. Ok at home run succesfull.
        >
        > Here at office, postfix dont run because 465 port is blocking by a firewall.
        >
        > I decide at office, to reconfigure postfix with gmail, and run successfull but with gmail when we post
        > a message on mailing-list i don't see my message post (it's normal with gmail)
        >
        > I thinked if it's possible, configure postfix to sending at user local a copy of mail posting on mailing list
        > but the problem is how ?

        you can use virtual_alias_maps
        postfix-user@... postfix-user@..., foo@...

        or you can use recipient_bcc_maps

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2 12:55 AM
          Le 01/06/2011 12:13, Jerry a écrit :
          > On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:52:17 +0200
          > Nahliel Steinberg <nahliel.steinberg@...> articulated:
          >
          >> Recently i have configured postfix on my laptop at home, to use it
          >> with yahoo. Ok at home run succesfull.
          >>
          >> Here at office, postfix dont run because 465 port is blocking by a
          >> firewall.
          >
          > Why are you using 465? I am using 587 without any problems.

          and how do you auth to yahoo? plain over plain? I see no TLS here:

          # telnet smtp.mail.yahoo.com 587
          Trying 98.136.185.95...
          Connected to smtp.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net.
          Escape character is '^]'.
          220 smtp204.mail.gq1.yahoo.com ESMTP
          EHLO foo.example.net
          250-smtp204.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
          250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XYMCOOKIE
          250-PIPELINING
          250 8BITMIME
          quit
          221 Service Closing transmission
          Connection closed by foreign host.

          > Port
          > 465 may not be dead; however, it is certainly comatose.

          465 is still better than sending passwords in the clear...
        • Nahliel Steinberg
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6 1:40 AM
            thank's mouss