Re: sender dependent transport map

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2011

      On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 05:45:03PM +0800, Joe Wong wrote:

      > I found that if the mail relay defined in sender dependent transport map
      > is temporary unreachable during first mail delivery attempt, the 2nd mail
      > delivery is using relayhost setting defined in main.cf. Is this expected?

      Sorry, this is incorrect. Postfix will use the indicated relayhost, and
      only fall back to an smtp_fallback_relay if that is also set. There is
      no fallback from the sender dependent relayhost to the default relayhost.

      There is only one nexthop returned by trivial-rewrite(8) (which processes
      both "relayhost" and the sender-dependent variants). So there is no
      mechanism by which the default relayhost can be discovered by the queue
      manager for messages subject to sender-dependent relayhost.