Re: Relocated translation

    Message 1 of 8 , May 26, 2011
      Le 26/05/2011 17:31, Victor Duchovni a écrit :
      > On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 04:28:21PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:

      >>> Note, SMTP replies are ASCII. All the characters in the reply must
      >>> be 7-bit ASCII characters. You need to avoid iso-8859-1 characters
      >>> outside the ASCII range.
      >>
      >> yes I know , they are able to understand French without accents :-)
      >>> A "vacation" auto-responder may be more appropriate than a "relocated"
      >>> mapping.
      >>>

      >> I cannot let the mailbox open in any way
      >
      > The auto-responder need not deliver any mail to the mailbox, it should
      > be possible to configure it to just auto-respond. This said, there
      > are likely more constraints on your options than are fully described
      > in this thread, so you have to find the advice that works best for you.

      Franck is apparently mixing things: what is needed is to guarantee the
      integrity of the mailbox at a given time. but this isn't the job of the
      mail admin. the mail admin job is to hand a copy of the mailbox to the
      police when the police asks for it. data integrity isn't a simple thing,
      and if you add law to the subject, then it's a lot harder.

      Franck: Viktor recommendation is the way to go.