Re: Catch-all alias with luser_relay

    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2011
      On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 02:03:42PM +0100, Jonathan Gazeley wrote:

      > I run a small mail server which receives mail for a few domains.
      >
      > So far I've been unable to get a catch-all address working. I tried these
      > settings:
      >
      > local_recipient_maps =
      > luser_relay = me@...
      >
      > Emails to test@... (which does not exist) are rejected with
      > 550. I read in the documentation that mailbox_transport with LMTP takes
      > precedence over luser_relay, so what then is the best way of achieving
      > this?

      Implement a catch-all in virtual alias maps, if you must, you'll probably
      eventually turn it off, when you're tired of reading all the spam.

      # Catch-all mapping, but recall that virtual(5) mapping is recursive!
      @... catch-all-user@...

      # Therefore, required identity mapping for all other valid users
      real-user@... real-user@...

      # Optional, but sensible, identity mapping for the catch-all user.
      catch-all-user@... catch-all-user@...