Re: Smarthost as backup transport if direct sending fails?

  • Rich Wales
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29 3:04 PM
      OK, thanks, Wietse. I've set up my web hosting service's smarthost as
      my smtp_fallback_relay (instead of making it my relayhost as before),
      and I'm trying the following as my smtp_reply_filter:

      if !/^5[0-9][0-9][ -]5\.1\.[0-9] /
      endif

      which should change any 5xx-series reply code to a 4xx-series code,
      except it will keep the reply unchanged if there is a 5.1.x (address
      status error) enhanced status code.

      Rich Wales
      richw@...