Re: Postfix Question Regarding Returned Email {Scanned Virus Free}

  • Lorens Kockum
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2011
      On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:48:05AM +0200, mouss wrote:
      > Bounces go the envelope sender of the message. your best option is to
      > get the web developpers to set the right envelope sender.

      Amen. A lot of otherwise competent and knowledgeable people
      simply don't even begin to think about error checking when
      sending mail.

      > also check the ServerAdmin parameter in Apache. however, this won't let
      > you set different addresses.

      If it's PHP, you can set a PHP flag for each virtual host in the Directory Tag:

      <Directory /root/of/website>
      # maybe lots of other options
      php_admin_value register_globals Off
      php_admin_value open_basedir /root/of/website/
      php_admin_value doc_root /root/of/website/
      php_admin_value sendmail_path "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f ADMIN@EMAIL"
      </Directory>

      I don't remember if the open_basedir and doc_root were
      recommended in order for sendmail_path to work, but that's how I
      did it anyway :-)

      HTH