Re: still having problems delivering to *.tld

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2011
      On 4/27/2011 3:11 PM, Jay G. Scott wrote:

      > greetings,
      >
      > first, thanks to everyone who has tried to help me.
      >
      > i still don't have it working. let me re-set the problem in case that helps.

      You need to simplify your problem description. After more than
      a couple sentences it just makes a buzzing noise.

      Some random notes, maybe one of which will be helpful:

      Looks at the logs; they likely tell you everything you need to
      know.

      "too many hops" means the message is looping.
      a -> b -> a -> b -> a ... until postfix says uncle.

      Posting multiple "postconf -n" output from the same server
      isn't helpful.

      Showing logging of the problem is often helpful. Show what
      happens and describe what you think should be happening.
      Random log snippets without explanation aren't helpful -- they
      usually show postfix doing what it's supposed to.

      address verification is useful ONLY if BOTH a) the server
      talks directly to the final destination server, ie. no
      intermediate relay and b) the final destination server
      responds with a 5xx user unknown during the SMTP transaction.
      If either of these are untrue, you can't use address
      verification.

      address_verify_relayhost is used when you normally use a
      relayhost for the mail transaction, but can still access the
      final destination directly by a different path. eg. bypassing
      an antivirus appliance to verify the user, but sending the
      actual message through the appliance. It's not clear you need
      this.

      use EITHER address verification OR relay_recipient_maps.
      Don't use both.

      You've already been given multiple solutions, likely one of
      them will work fine. But using random pieces from each
      solution is unlikely to work.