Re: Understand Why Message Was Rejected

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27, 2011
      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      > Datum: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:09:53 -0400
      > Von: Carlos Mennens <carloswill@...>
      > An: Postfix <postfix-users@...>
      > Betreff: Re: Understand Why Message Was Rejected

      > On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
      > <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
      > > They simply don't like the content.
      >
      > Does that include the possibility of attachment(s) or would the error
      > just be rejected based on header / body / footer (excluding any
      > attachment(s))?

      The reject was made at the end of the DATA command. So that includes pretty much everything that you have sent to the target server. Off course it could be something simple as a mail header that they don't like but you can't know without seeing their log. Usually a reject at the end of the DATA command is something in the mail body that they don't like. I say 'usually' because most postmasters would try to reject as soon as possible and not wait till the end of the DATA command (if not needed).

      // Steve