Fwd: Google The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.

  • jason hirsh
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 10:01 AM

      On 3/3/2011 3:09 PM, jason hirsh wrote:

      I have been informed by a couple gmail users that my server is blocking their access. They are getting

      Technical details of temporary failure:
      The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more athttp://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
      [mail.kasdivi.com. (5): Connection timed out]

      The wierd thing about this is that it appers to effect only a couple of gmail usres.   For example mail from my gmail account goes through just fine
       do to correct for this?

      ]I am trying to back top basics..

      1) There is no record of rejection in my logs... so I may not be able to do anything at all

      2) Assuming that I am rejecting or delaying is there anyway I can white_list  the noted addressed??
                  I have whitelisted in amavisd-new and postgrey

      any help would be appreciated

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 11:22 AM
        On 4/1/2011 12:01 PM, jason hirsh wrote:

        > ]I am trying to back top basics..
        >
        > 1) There is no record of rejection in my logs... so I may not
        > be able to do anything at all

        If you log doesn't record *any* rejections (other than
        google), consider the possibility that your logging is broken.

        Consider the possibility of a firewall or dns problem.

        > 2) Assuming that I am rejecting or delaying is there anyway I
        > can white_list the noted addressed??
        > I have whitelisted in amavisd-new and postgrey

        If you're not rejecting it, then whitelisting will have no
        effect.

        You really need to find what the problem is before you start
        trying solutions.