Re: virtual_alias_maps and X-Original-To

  • Charles Marcus
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
      On 2011-03-01 3:35 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Charles Marcus:
      >> Currently, using virtual for deliver, I'm getting these X-Original-To
      >> headers, which I have gotten very used to and rely on - but if/when we
      >> switch to dovecot+LMTP, we will lose them?

      > You can fake it in the SMTP server with
      <snip>
      > At a minor loss of privacy (plus that it would prepend
      > multiple headers in the case of multi-recipient mail).

      Thanks very much for the workaround... I'll experiment and see if the
      privacy implications are anything we should worry about (most people
      don't even know what headers are, much less how to look at them, so
      probably not a big deal)...

      >> If so, that is a show-stopper for me... also, what are the chances of
      >> this being 'revisited' at any point in the foreseeable future?

      > The chances depend on available time. Implementing one thing means
      > delaying another.

      Understood... hopefully it is at least on a To-Do somewhere so it won't
      get lost in the shuffle.

      Thanks again Wietse!

      --

      Best regards,