Re: posfix rejected from google server

  • Bjørn Ruberg
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 1 12:17 AM
      On 03/01/2011 09:10 AM, kapetr wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I need help to get sending e-mails out fo my Ubuntu 10.10 box.
      >
      > My PC is connected via ADSL modem (NAT) with static public IP
      > adress.

      [...]

      (Message slightly modified for easier reading:)

      > [85.71.234.108] The IP you're using to send mail is not authorized to
      > send email directly to our servers. Please use the SMTP relay at your
      > service provider instead. Learn more at
      > http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10336

      [...]

      > I have spent many time with googling about this. I have found many
      > questions, but no answers.

      The solution is clearly given in the error message: "Please use the SMTP
      relay at your service provider instead."

      So, you need to configure your postfix server to send mail through your
      ISP's mail relay.

      --
      Bjørn
    • kapetr
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 10 3:56 AM
        Just a note ONLY FOR:

        Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>

        >Sorry but what is your problem?

        >you can not use your home-machine as mailserver and
        >nothing will change this, so what is new in your
        >message after this long thread where so many people
        >made clear what happens and why?

        If I know, you followed this thread - so you could know, that I
        have more then once said:

        Note: once again - I had understand and totally accept the fact,
        that I can't send mail directly from my "dynamic range" IP, so I use
        relayhost.

        The only problem is, that you have respond to special replay, which
        was determined only for Peter Evans <peter@...> , who has ask me
        for sending test e-mail directly ...

        --kapetr