Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

  • Eero Volotinen
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
      2011/3/1 aa <kipstar1900@...>:
      > Hi,
      > in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?
      >
      > Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after the "from"
      > keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?

      Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.

      I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender is from our
      internal lan 192.168.10.0/24

      --
      Eero
    • /dev/rob0
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
        On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:10:49AM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
        > Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:10:49 +0200
        > From: Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@...>
        > To: aa <kipstar1900@...>
        > Cc: postfix-users@...
        > Subject: Re: rewrite outgoing from header .
        >
        > 2011/3/1 aa <kipstar1900@...>:
        > > in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?
        > >
        > > Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after
        > > the "from" keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?
        >
        > Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.
        >
        > I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender is from our
        > internal lan 192.168.10.0/24

        Possibly one of these:
        http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
        http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains

        http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
        http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
        http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html

        After having tried something, if it fails, use this as a guide before
        asking again:
        http://www./postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
          On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:04:29AM -0600, /dev/rob0 wrote:

          > On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:10:49AM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
          > > Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:10:49 +0200
          > > From: Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@...>
          > > To: aa <kipstar1900@...>
          > > Cc: postfix-users@...
          > > Subject: Re: rewrite outgoing from header .
          > >
          > > 2011/3/1 aa <kipstar1900@...>:
          > > > in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?
          > > >
          > > > Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after
          > > > the "from" keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?
          > >
          > > Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.
          > >
          > > I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender is from our
          > > internal lan 192.168.10.0/24
          >
          > Possibly one of these:
          > http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
          > http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains
          >
          > http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
          > http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
          > http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html

          Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy

        • Eero Volotinen
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
            2011/3/1 Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni@...>:
            > On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:04:29AM -0600, /dev/rob0 wrote:
            >
            >> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:10:49AM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
            >> > Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:10:49 +0200
            >> > From: Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@...>
            >> > To: aa <kipstar1900@...>
            >> > Cc: postfix-users@...
            >> > Subject: Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

            >> > Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.
            >> >
            >> > I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender  is from our
            >> > internal lan 192.168.10.0/24
            >>
            >> Possibly one of these:
            >>     http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
            >>     http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains
            >>
            >>     http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
            >>     http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
            >>     http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html
            >
            > Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy

            Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.

            ISP sends mail to eero.volotinen@... and I want to deliver it to
            exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
            eero.volotinen@...

            How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.

            --
            Eero
          • Daniel Bromberg
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
              On 3/1/2011 12:41 PM, Eero Volotinen wrote:

              > Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
              >
              > ISP sends mail to eero.volotinen@... and I want to deliver it to
              > exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
              > eero.volotinen@...
              >
              > How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.
              >
              > --
              > Eero
              Should go without saying that you need to post all relevant
              configuration file excerpts from your latest effort for further help
              (with redactions for privacy), and errors from the log if any, yes?

              -Daniel
            • Eero Volotinen
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
                2011/3/1 Daniel Bromberg <daniel@...>:
                > On 3/1/2011 12:41 PM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
                >>
                >> Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
                >>
                >> ISP sends mail to eero.volotinen@... and I want to deliver it to
                >> exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
                >> eero.volotinen@...
                >>
                >> How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.
                >>
                >> --
                >> Eero
                >
                > Should go without saying that you need to post all relevant configuration
                > file excerpts from your latest effort for further help (with redactions for
                > privacy), and errors from the log if any, yes?

                generic worked, thanks for help.

                --
                Eero
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
                  On 3/1/2011 11:41 AM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
                  > 2011/3/1 Victor Duchovni<Victor.Duchovni@...>:

                  >>> Possibly one of these:
                  >>> http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
                  >>> http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains
                  >>>
                  >>> http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
                  >>> http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
                  >>> http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html
                  >>
                  >> Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy
                  >
                  > Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
                  >
                  > ISP sends mail to eero.volotinen@... and I want to deliver it to
                  > exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
                  > eero.volotinen@...
                  >
                  > How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.

                  Now that you've described the problem, it's easy to see that
                  the "Often best" Viktor mentioned is the solution you need.
                  http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy