Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

  • aa
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hi,
      in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?

      Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after the "from" keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?

      2011/3/1 Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@...>
      Hi,

      How to rewrite outgoing from field when source address is from
      192.168.10.0/24 ip address?

      --
      Eero

    • Eero Volotinen
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
        2011/3/1 aa <kipstar1900@...>:
        > Hi,
        > in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?
        >
        > Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after the "from"
        > keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?

        Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.

        I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender is from our
        internal lan 192.168.10.0/24

        --
        Eero
      • /dev/rob0
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
          On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:10:49AM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
          > Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:10:49 +0200
          > From: Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@...>
          > To: aa <kipstar1900@...>
          > Cc: postfix-users@...
          > Subject: Re: rewrite outgoing from header .
          >
          > 2011/3/1 aa <kipstar1900@...>:
          > > in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?
          > >
          > > Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after
          > > the "from" keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?
          >
          > Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.
          >
          > I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender is from our
          > internal lan 192.168.10.0/24

          Possibly one of these:
          http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
          http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains

          http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
          http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
          http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html

          After having tried something, if it fails, use this as a guide before
          asking again:
          http://www./postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
            On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:04:29AM -0600, /dev/rob0 wrote:

            > On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:10:49AM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
            > > Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:10:49 +0200
            > > From: Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@...>
            > > To: aa <kipstar1900@...>
            > > Cc: postfix-users@...
            > > Subject: Re: rewrite outgoing from header .
            > >
            > > 2011/3/1 aa <kipstar1900@...>:
            > > > in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?
            > > >
            > > > Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after
            > > > the "from" keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?
            > >
            > > Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.
            > >
            > > I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender is from our
            > > internal lan 192.168.10.0/24
            >
            > Possibly one of these:
            > http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
            > http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains
            >
            > http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
            > http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
            > http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html

            Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy

          • Eero Volotinen
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
              2011/3/1 Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni@...>:
              > On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:04:29AM -0600, /dev/rob0 wrote:
              >
              >> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:10:49AM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
              >> > Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:10:49 +0200
              >> > From: Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@...>
              >> > To: aa <kipstar1900@...>
              >> > Cc: postfix-users@...
              >> > Subject: Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

              >> > Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.
              >> >
              >> > I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender  is from our
              >> > internal lan 192.168.10.0/24
              >>
              >> Possibly one of these:
              >>     http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
              >>     http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains
              >>
              >>     http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
              >>     http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
              >>     http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html
              >
              > Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy

              Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.

              ISP sends mail to eero.volotinen@... and I want to deliver it to
              exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
              eero.volotinen@...

              How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.

              --
              Eero
            • Daniel Bromberg
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
                On 3/1/2011 12:41 PM, Eero Volotinen wrote:

                > Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
                >
                > ISP sends mail to eero.volotinen@... and I want to deliver it to
                > exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
                > eero.volotinen@...
                >
                > How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.
                >
                > --
                > Eero
                Should go without saying that you need to post all relevant
                configuration file excerpts from your latest effort for further help
                (with redactions for privacy), and errors from the log if any, yes?

                -Daniel
              • Eero Volotinen
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
                  2011/3/1 Daniel Bromberg <daniel@...>:
                  > On 3/1/2011 12:41 PM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
                  >>
                  >> ISP sends mail to eero.volotinen@... and I want to deliver it to
                  >> exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
                  >> eero.volotinen@...
                  >>
                  >> How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.
                  >>
                  >> --
                  >> Eero
                  >
                  > Should go without saying that you need to post all relevant configuration
                  > file excerpts from your latest effort for further help (with redactions for
                  > privacy), and errors from the log if any, yes?

                  generic worked, thanks for help.

                  --
                  Eero
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 1, 2011
                    On 3/1/2011 11:41 AM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
                    > 2011/3/1 Victor Duchovni<Victor.Duchovni@...>:

                    >>> Possibly one of these:
                    >>> http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
                    >>> http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains
                    >>>
                    >>> http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
                    >>> http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
                    >>> http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html
                    >>
                    >> Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy
                    >
                    > Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
                    >
                    > ISP sends mail to eero.volotinen@... and I want to deliver it to
                    > exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
                    > eero.volotinen@...
                    >
                    > How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.

                    Now that you've described the problem, it's easy to see that
                    the "Often best" Viktor mentioned is the solution you need.
                    http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy