Re: postfix-2.8.1 cc: acomp failed for postconf.c

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2011
      Dennis Clarke:
      > > In fact, the makedefs script enables /dev/urandom access by default
      > > for Solaris 9 and onwards.
      > >
      > > My Solaris 8 test machine didn't have /dev/urandom, so I guess I
      > > am in the category of "no one, ever" :-)
      > >
      > > Wietse
      >
      > You're totally in the category of "".. are you crazy?"
      >
      > Patch that box !

      Perhaps, if Postfix were hobbyist software, I might introduce
      dependencies on optional software that is not required to build,
      install, or run Postfix.

      Instead, I have made Postfix run-time configurable, so that you
      can configure main.cf for optional components that you add to the
      system.

      Anyway, thanks for pointing out the compiler error message. I don't
      routinely compile Postfix with /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc like I used
      to, so I rely more on other people's reports.