Human factors (smtpd: warning: n.n.n.n: address not listed for ...)

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2011
      FYI,

      I have changed the warnings from the code that implements
      forward-confirmed reverse DNS (FCRDNS).

      When the "reverse" name has no IP address:

      hostname foo.example.com does not resolve to address 1.2.3.4:
      host not found, try again

      When the "reverse" has some address but not the expected address:

      hostname foo.example.com does not resolve to address 1.2.3.4

      The old warnings were very different.

      1.2.3.4: hostname foo.example.com verification failed: host
      not found, try again

      1.2.3.4: address not listed for hostname foo.example.com

      That's in both smtpd(8) and qmqpd(8).