Re: Content Filter problem

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31 5:41 AM
      Paul Enlund:
      > Hi
      >
      > I have a problem with a custom C coded post queue content filter
      > which on rare occasions dies with signal 6 due to corrupted free() pointers.

      Postfix makes the safe assumption that sending the same input
      into the same program will produce the same result.

      > This always results in an immediate bounce of the message.
      >
      > I would like the offending message to stop in the deferred queue so I can
      > examine
      > the message and debug the content filter problem. How can I achieve this?

      Wrap it with a script that returns EX_TEMPFAIL (status 75)
      when the buggy program dies with a signal.

      #!/bin/sh

      /some/where/buggy-program "$@"
      status=$?

      if [ $status -ge 128 ]
      then exit 75
      else exit $status
      fi

      > I have tried -o soft_bounce=yes in the smtpd options but this does not
      > defer the message

      Setting soft_bounce on the SMTP DAEMON has only effect on the SMTP DAEMON.